Forty

"I can't believe I haven't acknowledged it yet," Katherine declared as she walked into the bathroom as Harry was finishing brushing his teeth

"Acknowledged what?" He mumbled through his mouthful of toothpaste.

"That it's New Year's Eve," she said as she picked up her hairbrush and began to gently brush out her long blonde locks.

"Mm," he hummed as he spit out the mouthful and began rinsing the toothbrush.

"Happy New Year's Eve, angel," he replied, smiling at her through the mirror.

"Happy New Year's Eve," she mimicked before leaning in to leave a kiss on his minty lips.

"That reminds me. You need to make a list," Harry prompted as he watched her brush her hair. Her eyebrows knit together in question as she paused her grooming.

"A list?"

"Of ingredients for the drinks we're going to make tonight. You still want to do that, yeah?"

"Oh. Oh, yeah. Sex on the Beach," she confirmed, smirking suggestively as she set her brush down on the bathroom vanity.

"There's a beach right out there and I can give you all the sex you need, angel," Harry quipped, smirking devilishly back at her. Katherine let out a loud laugh, making him chuckle.

"Like I said... sand everywhere, in places I don't want sand," she giggled, her expression bright and cheerful.

"So we should stick to fruity drinks and sex elsewhere then?" Harry teased, making her laugh again.

"I think that would be best for us, yes," she agreed as she gathered her hair up, knotting it in a ponytail at the top of her head to get it out of the way.

"Right, then. A list," he asserted, getting back to the point at hand.

"Right," she agreed with a nod.

"You should pick a few drinks that you want us to make so we can order what we need, since we most likely don't have all the ingredients here," he surmised.

"Oh, shit. I didn't even think of that. Somebody would have to deliver the stuff here?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows in concern.

"Or we could go to the main island," he suggested, "Either way, it doesn't matter to me."

"I mean, we don't have to make drinks," she began to compromise as her smile washed off of her face entirely.

"No. I want to and I know you want to. Of course we're going to make drinks, Katherine," he told her insistently.

"Are you sure?" She asked as her eyebrows knit together.

"I'm absolutely positive," he resolved.

"Okay."