Eighty-Eight

08.28.2023 — This is a chapter in a four part update, along with chapters 86, 87 & 89. Make sure to read chapter 86 first!

As the hours ticked by with no news on the situation, Harry began to relive memories of his life with Katherine as he sat at his desk with a glass of whiskey in his hand— even though he couldn't bring himself to drink it due to the sour feeling in...

As the hours ticked by with no news on the situation, Harry began to relive memories of his life with Katherine as he sat at his desk with a glass of whiskey in his hand— even though he couldn't bring himself to drink it due to the sour feeling in the pit of his stomach, and he knew in the back of his mind that he needed to be able to drive back to 1 World Trade when the police commissioner called him once the situation cleared.

Harry's mind was a fucking mess as he sat there. He just wanted his angel back. He needed her to be safe. Nothing mattered but her safety. He would give absolutely anything. He would give his whole fortune away just to have her safe right next to him.

He could still remember the moment he met her. She was captivating and alluring and so fucking arousing. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her. He was only realizing now how tightly she had him wrapped around her finger since day one.

...

"Sir? Katherine Mason is here for your meeting," Harris informed him as he stood in the doorway of his home office.

Harry stared evenly at Harris, unable to place who Katherine Mason was and why she was there. It had been a hectic week and he had yet to check his calendar for appointments, thinking all he had for the day was a conference call to Mizuho Financial Group in Japan that evening.

"Miss Mason is the woman you are vetting for the housekeeper position," Harris reminded him.

"Oh. Yes. Yes, bring her in," Harry said with a nod as he gathered up the documents in front of him and filed them away in his desk before pulling out the file he had on her.

He opened it immediately, reading over the front of her resume. Katherine Elizabeth Mason.

As Harris brought in the interviewee, Harry stood up from his desk, buttoning his suit jacket as he did. When he looked up at the woman, he felt an instant jolt of arousal race through his body. He had seen a driver's license picture of her while going through her employment application, but he never fathomed the timid looking girl in the picture to be as attractive as the one strutting into his office in a pink blouse, a black form fitting pencil skirt and black stilettos on her feet.

Dear god.

Harry's eyes roamed over her as she walked toward him with a wide, eager smile and bright eyes. Her long blonde hair was cascading down in waves onto her shoulders, and her milky white skin looked soft and inviting.

Many deviant thoughts sprung to mind as his eyes roamed over her luscious curves. It took every ounce of self-control in him to push them back to the darkest recesses of his mind.

"Mr. Styles, it's so nice to meet you," the woman greeted.

Goosebumps formed on his skin and the tiny hairs on the back of his neck stood on end when she finally spoke. The cadence of her voice was as smooth as honey and just as sweet. He wanted to hear her speak his name again over and over just to feel the pleasing sensations it brought on.