Forty-One

"Oh my god!" Katherine shrieked as Harry pressed the button on the blender before she had even gotten the cover on and some of the ingredients went shooting out onto the counter

"Oops," Harry said as he turned the blender off before snorting out a laugh.

"At least let me put on the top before you make an even bigger mess," she giggled as she plopped the cover on, making sure it was secure.

"Okay. Go," she said a moment later and Harry thrust his finger into the blend button again and watched as it came to life.

They were already four very strong tropical drinks in by the time they pulled out the blender because Katherine had the urge to make alcoholic slushies. She said it was what she truly had in mind when she thought about sipping tropical drinks on the beach. Harry was on board immediately— he didn't care what they did as long as his angel was smiling and happy.

"What is your verdict on the drinks tonight?" Katherine asked Harry over the noise of the blender.

"I am a firm whiskey bloke, but if you put a fruity drink in my hand, I'm not going to turn it down," he replied, smirking back at her. Although he found them particularly sugary— an almost pucker-your-lips kind of sweet— he still enjoyed them.

Katherine guffawed loudly, obviously feeling the effects of all the alcohol. Harry had never seen her like that before, never so giddy and drunk. Sure, she drank at the gala, but she wasn't really in her element there. But now, with just her and Harry naked in the kitchen making fruity cocktails, she seemed genuinely relaxed and playful.

"We've made an absolute mess," Harry said as he turned off the blender, looking around at the countertops that were littered with juice bottles and alcohol bottles and fruit and ice... and drippy, sticky puddles of their drinks everywhere.

"We'll clean it up later," Katherine shrugged it off as she pushed their empty glasses toward the blender so Harry could fill them.

He didn't know what to call their concoction. It was a mixture of all the different kinds of juice, alcohol and fruit that they had. It was pink and fruity. Harry was certain Katherine was going to love it, and that was all that truly mattered.

"Let's go watch the sunset," Katherine suggested and Harry immediately agreed.

"Could you grab the blanket off the back of the couch so we can sit on it in the sand?" She asked a moment later as she grabbed her slushie and began to walk outside.

Harry was slurping on his drink but hummed out an acknowledgement and was soon following her out with the blanket slung over his shoulder.

It wasn't even six in the evening yet and the sun was already beginning to set. But that seemed to be normal for the winter in Bora Bora. It just meant that they would be able to ring in the new year at the time of the sunset because it was the exact same time as New York's midnight.