Eighty-Seven

08.28.2023 — This is a chapter in a four part update, along with chapters 86, 88 & 89. Make sure to read chapter 86 first!

The guilt of his fight with Katherine from the previous night weighed heavily on Harry as he sat in his office at Styles Enterprises, unable to think of anything else but her

What was the last thing he even said to her? He didn't remember. It was probably her name. But he couldn't remember any real, meaningful words. He didn't apologize for his behavior, for the way he treated her, for the way he made her cry. He was just so angry.

He might lose her and the last memory of him that she had was him being a fucking asshole.

...

Harry had enough of work for the day. All he wanted to do was go home to Katherine. Things had been a bit tense in their relationship as of late due to the mishap from their night at the club. He had made a colossal mistake and still felt the need to make it up to Katherine, make her see that he was an entirely different person than he used to be before her.

He was completely devoted to her. He didn't even notice other women. They did not matter. He even thought about selling the club just to prove it to her. He didn't want anyone else. He didn't need anyone else. She was it for him. And he wanted more than anything to prove it to her.

Both Harris and his assistant looked at him oddly when he told them he was leaving for the day. He rarely left work early, but that didn't matter. He was the boss. He could do what he wanted. And he did.

But when he arrived home with a bouquet of flowers for his angel, the flat was quiet. His beautiful blonde pixie was nowhere in sight. He longed to see her smile, to hear her laughter.

"Sir?" He heard Harris from behind him as he searched several rooms looking for Katherine, to no avail.

"Fuck. Harris. Christ," Harry snapped, startled by his security.

"Sorry, sir," Harris apologized sheepishly, "Could I help you with something?"

"Have you seen Miss Mason? Is she home?" Harry asked him quickly.

"I have not. Would you like me to call Mr. Bates, sir? I could find out their location for you," Harris offered.

"No. No. I'll just— it's fine," Harry said, waving it off as he walked toward the living room.

"Could I get you anything, sir?" Harris asked as he followed his boss into the room.

"No. That'll be all. Thank you," Harry told him curtly as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and sat down on the couch.

"Of course, sir," Harris said as he turned and made his way out of the room.

"Harris—" Harry said, catching him before he left the room completely.