Forty-Five

After her session, as she sat in the passenger seat of the security SUV with Mr

After her session, as she sat in the passenger seat of the security SUV with Mr. Bates at the wheel, she thought about what she and Dr. Feldman spent a whole hour discussing. Patience— for Harry as well as herself. And that expecting communication in a relationship wasn't too much to ask. She would do her very best to continue to be the ever-supportive girlfriend, but they really needed to have a serious talk about communication and expectations to maintain a healthy relationship.

When Katherine pulled out her phone to see if she had missed any notifications while she was in therapy, she found a whole slew of dirty, yet wondrously romantic, texts from Harry. She couldn't help but bite back a smile. This man. Holy moly. He had no idea how completely charming he was. He continued to surprise her everyday. He was so fascinating.

Harry: Can't keep my mind off you, mon ange. The way you look laying naked in that hammock, your golden skin glistening in the sun.

Harry: The taste of your skin from the salty air. The feel of your warm body as it presses against mine.

Harry: You in Bora Bora. Memories of a fantasy come true.

Harry: Wish we were still there. I was not done worshipping you in paradise, belle fille.

Harry: I need to be buried inside of you on that beach again. I need your heart hammering against your chest. I need your breath against my lips. I need to hear your moans of absolute bliss as I fuck you.

Harry: Oh, mon ange. Watching myself sinking inch by inch inside of you... the absolute euphoria that flows through my veins at the thought. Fuck.

Harry: I cannot control my thoughts right now, mon ange. I'm lying in bed thinking only of you. Forever, only you.

As Katherine sat reading over his words for a few long moments, she felt a wave of guilt hit her heart like a tsunami of agony. Her beautiful boy. She didn't deserve him. In those moments, she was sure of it.

She had just spent an hour talking about how Harry's inability to express his feelings bothered her, only for him to express himself so beautifully to her at the very same time through text messages, almost like he could feel exactly what she needed from him.

Her heart was heavy.

It was after midnight in Tokyo, which waged a war in her mind on whether or not to respond to his texts right away. But in the end, she concluded that she couldn't stay quiet. She couldn't just sit on those words.

Katherine: You have no idea how much I love you. How much I wish we were still on that beach. How much I miss the way you feel towering above me. How much I miss the way you know exactly what my body needs, exactly how to pleasure me. No one has ever known my body the way you do.