Sixty-Nine

The driver opened the car door for the two of them and Harry stepped out first, holding his hand out for Katherine to take

The driver opened the car door for the two of them and Harry stepped out first, holding his hand out for Katherine to take. As gracefully as possible, she stepped out of the vehicle, looking up at the building, seeing a lit up sign reading 'Aquarius'.

Aquarius was Harry's zodiac sign and Katherine silently wondered if he chose this club because of that. But then again, this was Harry after all. He probably didn't even know and definitely didn't care about something like that.

"Is this the club?" She asked, looking into Harry's eyes.

"It is," he replied with a simple nod.

Katherine looked up at the building again, noticing the people in the line outside of the club watching them, but tried not to let it ramp up her anxiety any more than it already was. There was only one other time she felt those kinds of nerves. But the gala seemed so different from this. They had not been linked to each other before that, so it seemed a bit easier. Since then, their relationship had been dissected ad nauseam in the media — which, in all honesty, was just a lot of speculation and very little truth.

And now, as the two of them walked into the club together, they were throwing fuel on the fire of the media frenzy. She was certain their names would be in the headlines again by morning and it was a dreadful feeling. But she knew deep down that they couldn't just hide away in that apartment forever. In order for their relationship to grow and thrive, they needed to see how they fared in different environments with one another.

"Shall we?" Harry asked, holding his arm out for her.

"We shall," Katherine agreed, linking her arm with his as he immediately whisked her toward the door.

Harry and the bouncer merely shared a look and a slight nod before the velvet rope was pulled back and the two of them were granted entrance. She figured it would be easy for the two of them to get in because of who Harry was, but it was even easier than she imagined.

The second they stepped into the nightclub, it seemed to Katherine as though all eyes were on the two of them as Harry led her through the densely filled club. The men lewdly ogled her and eyed Harry curiously, while the women mainly just ogled Harry and disregarded her altogether. Katherine tried not to think about it as she held her head high and followed closely behind her boyfriend, her hand tucked inside his.

The club was loud — bass thumping, ear piercingly loud — as the patronage drank and danced the night away. But as Harry led the two of them up a staircase to the upper level and into a VIP area that looked over the whole club, the booming sounds of the electronic music seemed to ease a bit. The two of them found an open u-shaped booth and sat down together.

Katherine looked around, taking in all her surroundings. She had never been to a club like Aquarius. It just felt expensive somehow. She couldn't explain it. It seemed luxurious and exclusive and a bit mysterious, like its patronage went there to be seen and not seen at the same time. It was for the elite, Katherine was sure of it. She was also sure that she did not belong there and she never would.