Twenty-Six

It took Katherine and Harry nearly two hours to string the lights, strategically wrap ribbon around the tree, and put up all of the ornaments Katherine chose

"Star or Angel?" She questioned, looking down at the corresponding boxes that housed each Christmas tree topper.

"A star. I already have my angel," Harry said without missing a beat, which caused her entire cardiovascular system to seem to squeeze painfully inside of her before feelings of love and excitement fluttered through her.

"Baby," she cooed, feeling absolutely enraptured by him. Did this man know how romantic he was without even trying? She was certain he didn't.

Harry smiled at her before carefully pulling out the dazzling star that was made with Swarovski crystals and solid white gold. It probably cost more than she paid in rent at her last apartment.

"Climb up the ladder and I'll hand it to you," he offered, but she immediately protested.

"You need to do it."

"Why me?" He questioned as his eyebrows furrowed deeply in confusion.

"Because this is the first time you've ever done this. Of course I am going to give you the honor of putting the star on top of the tree," she explained.

"That's a thing? To be honored with topping the tree?" Harry questioned curiously.

"Oh, it's most definitely a thing, Mr. Styles," she giggled, finding his naïvety over all things Christmas to be so fucking endearing. It made all her insides turn into mush.

"Far be it for me to forsake such an important tradition. It would be my absolute honor, mon ange," Harry said with a bashful smile as his cheeks pinked, making him look so innocent. It warmed her heart.

Katherine pulled out her phone as Harry climbed up the step-ladder with the tree topper in hand, and snapped a picture of him just as he was setting the star on the tippy-top of the tree.

"Beautiful," Katherine cooed as she stowed away her phone again.

Harry turned to look at her with a wide, illustrious smile as the Christmas lights brightened his whole face.

God. She was so in love with him.

"Come here. Let's admire our creation," Katherine offered as she wiggled her fingers at him.

Harry quickly climbed down the ladder to come stand next to her, pulling her against his chest immediately.

"I love it," Harry said, leaning in to leave a kiss on her forehead.

"So do I," she agreed, watching the lights twinkling brightly in front of them.

"Shall we take a picture? You could pull that sneaky little phone of yours back out," he offered, cocking his eyebrow and sending her a mischievous smirk.