Epilogue

08.31.2023 — This is a chapter in a three part update, along with chapters 90 & 91. Make sure to read chapter 90 first!

Quite a bit of people were in and out of the flat that evening, ranging from two police officers looking to get Katherine's information and statement, to a chef that Harry hired for the night to make them dinner, to the doctor to check out Katheri...

Quite a bit of people were in and out of the flat that evening, ranging from two police officers looking to get Katherine's information and statement, to a chef that Harry hired for the night to make them dinner, to the doctor to check out Katherine's physical needs, to a counselor to check on her mental health needs.

But none was more important to Katherine than her cousin Christine, her husband Aaron, and their two kids, Zach and Xavier.

Katherine lit up at the sight of her family and it warmed Harry to watch her that content, that happy. It was the first time Harry had relaxed since he got the news of the active shooter.

...

"You look like you've aged ten years today," Katherine quipped as she walked up behind Harry as he stood with his hands pressed to the sink basin in the bathroom, looking at himself in the mirror that evening.

"It's been a stressful day," Harry replied, letting out a huff as he pushed away from the counter and wrapped his arm around her.

She sunk into the crook of his arm, circling her own arms tightly around his waist.

"Never leave my side again," Harry cooed, leaning in to kiss the top of her head. Katherine snickered as she skated her nose across the bare flesh that stretched over his collarbone.

"Come to bed," Katherine coaxed as she began to walk toward the bathroom door. His body moved instinctively with hers until he took the lead and it was him who was guiding her.

Once they reached the bed, Harry pulled back the covers for her before gripping onto the hem of the old oversized t-shirt she still sometimes wore to bed. Tonight would not be one of those nights.

He pulled it over her head and discarded it onto the floor, finding that she wasn't even wearing panties underneath. He smiled to himself as he watched her crawl naked into their bed.

He wasn't sure what it was — maybe it was the fact that he was so relieved to have her there with him, that she wasn't harmed that made him thoroughly appreciate the moment with her. He wasn't ogling over her nakedness, like he usually did. He didn't immediately have the urge to fuck her senseless. He just wanted to be with her. He just wanted to hold her.

After he walked to his side of the bed, he slid off the pajama bottoms he was wearing and got underneath the blankets with her.

"C'mere, mon ange," Harry cooed, reaching out for her in the massive king-size bed.

She wasted no time, falling into him in an instant, and it was like a breath of fresh air. She was home. She was safe. She was his.

"I've never been so scared in my whole life," he breathed into her hair.