Twenty-Seven

"Katherine, can I speak to you?" Harry asked her as she was putting away the grocery delivery that they had just received.

"Sure, babe. Just let me, um... I've gotta get at least the perishables put away," she said as she grabbed the empty eggs container out of the fridge and placed it on the counter next to the new carton of eggs.

Harry nodded his head as he walked deeper into the kitchen, grabbing the gallon of milk off the counter before placing it in the fridge.

"I can do that, baby," Katherine said as she carefully unloaded the eggs into the container.

"How many times have I told you that I am perfectly capable of doing things around here?" Harry reminded her as he began putting the fresh fruits and vegetables away in their respective drawers.

"Thank you. I appreciate it," she said, smiling over at him.

"You're very welcome, angel."

By the time that Katherine finally got all eighteen eggs loaded in the container, Harry had already finished loading all the perishables in the fridge and began to put away the non-perishables. Katherine smirked to herself as she began to help him. It was so domestic, it made her stomach turn with delight.

"Much faster with two," Harry said with a slight smile, which of course made her beam a smile back at him.

"You're the best," she cooed, leaning in to kiss him.

"Let's go talk, mon ange," Harry said, gripping onto her hand before leading her to his office.

"This sounds serious," Katherine said as her stomach dropped suddenly.

What could he possibly need to talk to her about that was such a big deal that he would need to bring her into his office to have the conversation? Her anxiety was spiking just thinking about it.

He guided her to one of the chairs in front of his desk, causing her to look up at him with questioning eyes. Seriously, what was going on?

"Harry?" She questioned, her eyebrows knitting in concern.

He leaned back against the desk, crossing his arms loosely over his chest.

"After going with me to the gala, I'm sure you're aware by now of my status when it comes to the paparazzi," Harry said carefully.

"Yeah. You're famous," Katherine said bluntly and she caught the slight cringe on his face before it evened out again.

"I don't like that word," he said, shaking his head.

"But I mean... what else would you call it?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows in question.

He was like, famous famous. She remembered seeing his face on tabloid magazines in the grocery store and on headlines on the internet long before she ever got the job as his housekeeper. Infamous bad boy Harry Styles at it again! It seemed like a million years ago. And he definitely turned out to be a completely different person than the tabloids made him out to be, that was for sure.