Sixty-Three

"Mon ange," Harry cooed as he leaned over the center console of the car and skated his fingers gently down Katherine's cheek to wake her once they arrived home

Her eyes fluttered open before they quickly darted around. She looked so incredibly confused and so damn sweet. It caused him to bite back a smile.

"We're home, angel," he told her and her eyes met with his, the anger no longer visible in her expression for a few beautiful moments of peace. But in a split second, her eyes sank back down into a scowl and Harry knew she was still furious with him.

She reached over and pushed open the car door, stepping out and he quickly did the same. She did everything in her power to avoid looking at him as they walked to the lift, and Harry found a challenge in it. He was determined to thaw that icy exterior she was clinging to.

"Allow me, mon ange," he cooed sweetly just before she could push the button, and he smoothly thrust his finger into it, calling the lift to their level.

Katherine stood with her arms crossed in front of her as she looked up, watching the floor numbers as the elevator car descended into the parking garage, ignoring him so effortlessly. It grated on his nerves. And when the doors opened, she stepped inside without a word.

It was all very new to Harry. He had never had a partner before Katherine, so he had never had a partner be angry with him. He didn't quite like it. Actually, he fucking hated it. It was driving him mad.

"I'm sorry, angel," he said lowly as they stood next to each other in the lift.

A quiet huff escaped her lips, but she didn't react otherwise.

"Katherine," Harry said insistently when she walked out of the lift the second the doors opened to their floor, and promptly stomped toward the front door of the penthouse.

"You're going to have to talk to me eventually," Harry insisted as she unlocked the door with her key.

"Excluding right now, it's not going to be any time soon," she snapped as she pushed open the door and stalked into the flat.

"Katherine," he growled as he closed the door behind them, quickly following her to the bedroom, and then into their closet.

He watched as she threw her coat and purse onto the armoire before sitting down on the ottoman, unzipping her boots and pulling them off one-by-one. Next, she stood and pulled her turtleneck sweater off her body, revealing a cream-colored satin tank top underneath that complimented her skin so well, making it look almost bronzed in contrast to its color. She was absolutely gorgeous, she had him speechless.

When she unzipped the skirt she was wearing and let it pool at her feet, Harry's gaze dropped down to the black stockings and garter belt she was wearing. She looked utterly edible. His beautiful fucking angel.