Twenty-Three

As soon as they stepped into the flat that evening, Harry was relieved to be home

As soon as they stepped into the flat that evening, Harry was relieved to be home. He could only take so much socializing before he began to shut down. He usually had to mentally prepare himself all year for the gala, but somehow this year with Katherine on his arm, it was bearable.

She was so elegant and graceful, dwarfing every other woman's beauty in that room. And dear fucking god, the way she looked in that dress— she had him in a chokehold. He wanted to get down on his knees and worship her like the goddess she was.

She made him feel so much.

Harry followed Katherine into the kitchen watching as she kicked off her high heels and set her tiny red purse on the center island counter before pulling off the jacket she was wearing, followed shortly by the long red satin gloves that matched her dress.

She was absolutely stunning— even after spending the past five hours at the gala with him. A gala where she didn't know anyone but him, and had to put up with his fucking father to boot. She was a fucking saint.

"Thank you," Harry murmured as he came to stand behind her, delicately kissing her bare shoulder.

"Mm. For what?" She hummed, leaning her head to the side as he kissed up her neck.

"For coming with me to the gala. For having to deal with me being pulled away all night, for having to deal with my father," Harry breathed against her skin, sliding his hands feather-light down her arms.

"I enjoyed myself, for the most part. I liked seeing you like that. You are very articulate and well-spoken, sir," she replied, looking over her shoulder at him.

"Mm. You think?" He asked, unable to keep the smirk off of his lips.

"You were quite charming."

"Hmm. You might be a bit biased, mon ange," he breathed out a laugh, causing Katherine to giggle lightly.

"No. I definitely saw a different side of you tonight," she told him as he continued to kiss across her shoulder blades.

A moment later, she sucked in a large breath and let it out as a yawn.

"Are you tired, angel?" Harry asked immediately.

"Mm-hmm. It's late."

"Oh, but, angel, you've been such a good girl tonight," Harry told her as he gripped onto her waist and delicately turned her in his arms, "Do you remember what I said about good girls?"

"They get what they want?" Katherine questioned as a sly smile turned up the corners of her mouth.

"Correct," he said matter-of-factly.

He leaned in, delicately sliding his lips across her cheek before bringing them up to her ear.

"What do you want, mon ange?" He cooed, causing her to shudder out the tiniest of breaths.