Three

In an attempt to keep the apartment relatively clean, Katherine chose to keep up with her previous household duties

In an attempt to keep the apartment relatively clean, Katherine chose to keep up with her previous household duties. Harry made it very clear to her that she was not there to continue as his housekeeper, to which she reminded him that someone needed to do it and that as long as he was still paying her, as he was, she might as well.

She didn't want to feel like a kept woman. Being inside that vast apartment day in and day out without having a purpose besides being Harry's girlfriend made her go a bit stir-crazy sometimes. She needed to contribute, and cooking and cleaning were such easy ways for her to do it, since it was her job for the previous six months.

Besides, it was where she lived too and she wasn't one to just let her living space fall into shambles.

Once she finished cleaning the kitchen, tidying the bedrooms and folding the laundry, she decided to work on other rooms in the house. She always felt like she was invading Harry's space when she cleaned in his office, so she just did the bare minimum of dusting and vacuuming before leaving the room.

As she wheeled the vacuum down the hallway, she stopped in front of the closed door of the home gym. She hadn't been in that room since the night of the edging incident.

She was so angry at him that night. She didn't like to think about it. She hadn't gone in that room in the weeks since, in an attempt to deflect the memories from her mind. But she knew she needed to clean in there. She was certain it needed it.

As she reached for the handle, her heart began pounding a little bit faster in her chest. Why was she in a near panic over a room? She sucked in a breath and let it out as she turned the handle and pushed open the door. Her eyes scanned the room before she stepped in, trying to regulate her breathing.

Her vision stopped on the exercise bench and her mind cut to memories of that night, which she absolutely hated. She closed her eyes, sucking in another breath. It was just a room and it was just an exercise bench, yet there she was feeling every emotion she felt that night.

God, maybe she needed to bring it up in her next session with her therapist.

"Katherine," she heard Harry's soft voice, causing her eyes to fly open as she turned to see him standing in the doorway.

"What are... What are you doing in here?" He asked as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Cleaning... or attempting to," she said, plastering a small reassuring smile on her face. She didn't want him to know of the thoughts ravishing her mind.

"You don't have to," he paled.

"I know," she said quietly.

His eyes stared into hers and she felt her cheeks heating up under his gaze. His eyes were so intense all the time. She was sure she would never get used to it.

"Katherine..."

"Hmm?" She hummed, trying to look reassuring.

"Could we... could I please speak with you?" Harry asked as his gaze fell and his intense look was replaced with what seemed like a melancholy one.