CHAPTER 13

Nahiga ako sa ibaba ng kama niya kagaya ng ginawa ko kagabi after doing an evening errand. May futon kasi siya. Sabado naman bukas at hindi namin kailangang lumabas ng bahay.

I can atleast monitor her.

She’s silently sleeping. I wish I could take away her pain.

---

SUNDAY MORNING...

I woke up earlier than my usual time. Mahimbing parin ang tulog ni Lonie.

I decided to go to the kitchen to prepare food for our breakfast just like yesterday. I’m still looking forward na baka bumangon na siya ngayong araw.

She cried a lot yesterday. She haven’t eaten any food yet.

Her house is very neat and clean inside. Even the color of paint is not too sharp for my sight. Yesterday, I started to change the paint of her house infront ‘cause it’s really black.

Since balitang-balita ang tungkol sa katauhan ni Lonie that’s why no one accepted my offer that I’ll pay them bigtime once they’ve change the paint outside.

Umorder nalang ako ng mga pintura kahapon. Ako na din ang gumawa. Ayokong makulong si Lonie sa madilim na mundo niya. I want her to free herself from darkness.

---

Bumalik ako sa kwarto niya and saw her standing infront of the human-size mirror. Napatingin siya sa’kin nung mabuksan ko ang pinto ng kwarto niya.

“Sorry. I thought you’re still sleeping.” I apologized.

She just stared at me and then walked towards me. Kaso ay nilampasan niya lang ako. Hindi siya nagsalita. I followed her dahil hindi siya papuntang kitchen.

Binuksan niya ang pinto ng isang kwarto.

Tumambad sa’min ang maalikabok na kwarto na batid ko ay pag-aari ni Liam.

Halatang hindi ito nalinisan sa loob ng napakaraming taon. May mga lumang laruan ding nakakalat sa may sahig.

I heard Lonie sobbed. She’s crying again. Maybe she realized that Liam’s totally gone for good. She suddenly kneeled down as she covered her face with her two palms. She’s loudly crying again. She’s breaking down.

Lumapit ako sa kanya to comfort her.

“Liam... why do you have to leave me?” She murmured while sobbing.

I was shocked when she suddenly hugged me. Without minding about her ability and that I’m touching her skin.

Well, I don’t mind either..

---

Few minutes later when she stopped crying.

Tumayo siya saka nagsalita.

“You can go now. I’m going to clean Liam’s room.” She said.

“Aren’t you going to eat first? Nakahanda na ang umagahan sa baba.”

“Wala akong gana.” Tipid na sagot niya.

“Then, I’ll paint the remaining black colored wall outside.” I said. She just nodded.

Maybe she saw me yesterday.

=======

LONIE POV

Lumabas na si Vlad saka ako nag-umpisang maglinis.

Liam’s been with me for almost 8 years. Just to build myself and become stronger. I am who I am today because of Liam.