Chapter 2: Another day, another akuma strike

Marinette POV

The next day at school

"See you later, Luka." I said after Luka dropped me off at my school.

"You too, Melody." He replied and peddled his way to his own school. After meeting up with Alya, Nino, Isaac and Chloe, we made our way to class.

"Hey did you hear that someone else is replacing Mr Damocles and Mrs Bustier?" Alya asked.

"Yeah. I think his name is Mr Joseph Smith or something." Isaac replied as he readjusted his goggles. 

"That's for the principal. As for Mrs Bustier, I don't know who. For now, Ms Mendeleiev is our teacher for History." Chloe replied.

"Laaame." Nino groaned.

"Hey, Chloe. Whatever happened to Sabrina? Are you two on speaking terms?" I asked.

Chloe shook her head.

"It's complicated. Like very complicated." She said, not meeting my gaze.

"How?" I asked.

She sighed.

"After how I treated her, she sided with Lila.  After the reveal, I guess she still stuck with her. And she's not talking to  me anymore. So, that's that." 

"Geez. She's giving you the cold shoulder. And not even an apology can thaw it out." Nino chuckled. Alya slapped him in the arm. 

"What? Was it that bad?" He retorted.

"Not cool, Nino." She hissed.

"Sorry." He replied.

"No, you're right. I guess I abused our bond. And I deserved what I get." Chloe answered glumly.

We sat in our seats. I could feel the intensive glares from my former friends. 

"Are they still mad at you for not forgiving them? It's been a month." Isaac sighed.

"Yeah. Ignore them." I replied.

"No promises. Apparently, they blame me for you not forgiving them. Saying that I influenced you to close your heart to them." Isaac replied.

"Same here. Even after I bullied you for weeks." Chloe added.

"Just ignore them." I said with a sigh.

Suddenly, a large thud shook the school. We leapt off our seats and went to the window and saw a large ruby flew towards the window. We dived out of the way as glass scattered everywhere.

"Where did that ruby come from!?" Nino shouted as he helped Alya get back to her feet.

"I don't know. And I don't think we have time to find out." Chloe replied.

Ms Mendeleiev escorted the class out of the school, while we snuck into the toilets to change into our alter egos. 

"We really should find better hiding places." Chloe said as she flicked a tissue off her boot. 

We made our way to find the akuma. He was wearing a ruby red suit and a black tie with black shoes. He was wearing a white fedora with a red scarf. He twirled his silver cane and pointed it at us.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"The name is Mr Ruby. I had a plan to create a casino to replace the local park that was closed down due to the lack of safety. But of course, the mayor refused and wanted to rebuild the park. Hawkmoth offered me a deal. He'll help me with making my casino with the exchange for your miraculous. How about you make this easy for me and cough 'em up." He said.