Chapter 10: Could this get any worse?

Marinette POV

It was a grey Tuesday morning. 2 days have passed by after our encounter with Chat Blanc. Luka lost the snake miraculous, Isaac lost the spider miraculous and Master Fu was in a bad mood after I told him everything. 

I think it's best I take some time off as Ladybug. 

While I was alone with my thoughts, I met up with Chloe, Alya and Nino. No sign of Isaac.

"What happened last night? I saw the news about you and Chat Noir fighting and Isaac's identity was shown." Chloe asked me.

I told them everything that happened.

"No way! Chat Noir is Adrien!?" Nino gasped.

"Yeah. And Chat Noir became Chat Blanc." I replied. Alya rubbed my back.

"What about Isaac? I haven't seen him ever since what happened on Friday." Chloe asked.

"Here." A voice behind us called. We turned around and saw Isaac with a smirk. He was wearing a black t-shirt with a green army jacket, black jeans and grey sneakers. His sling bag hung around his body. His goggles were hanging around his neck and he was wearing a jet black eyepatch, covering his scarred eye.

"Hey, bro. How's the eye?" Nino asked. 

"Not bad. Doctor said I have to wear this eyepatch for a week." He replied.

I pulled Isaac into a one armed hug. 

"I'm sorry about your miraculous. Really, I am." I said as I rubbed his shoulder. Isaac nodded in response.

We made our way to school, not a word between us. Until, Isaac stiffened.

"Oh God. Not them." He muttered.

We saw a group of students talking and laughing with each other. The leader had an orange t-shirt, a black jacket, light blue acid washed jeans and trainers. Next to him was an attractive girl around our age. She has blonde hair and bright green eyes. She wore a black tank top with a blue jeaned jacket, black leggings and grey trainers. The leader say Isaac and smiled.

"Well, well well. If it isn't Icarus!? Long time, no see." He called out. His friends snickered and pointed at Isaac.

"What the hell do you want, Malik? Here to spew more of your bull crap!?" Isaac growled as he glared at him. Malik laughed at Isaac's scowl.

"Still mad that I took your girl? Let it be water under the bridge." He said and patted his arm. Isaac shrugged him off and glared at the girl.

"Yeah. I hope you both drown in it. How's that eye of yours?" Isaac growled. Malik rubbed the small scar under his eye.

"Not bad. Too bad it was the tipping point of your relationship with Stacy." Malik said with a smirk. His group laughed while the girl flashed an evil smirk at Isaac, who flipped her off and walked away. We followed him, ignoring the group laughing at us.

"Who were those guys?" Alya asked.

"Some were my former friends from my previous school. The tanned guy is Malik Connors. His dad is the owner of a large construction incorporation." Isaac said as he readjusted his eyepatch.

"And the girl?" Chloe asked.

"His ex." I answered.

Everyone, except Isaac, gasped. The former spider hero huffed in frustration. 

"That was your ex!? You never told us." Nino gasped.

"I'd rather not talk about it." Isaac replied gruffly. 

"You and me both, Isaac." I replied, thinking about Adrien.

"Could this get any worse?" Isaac asked.

We walked into our classroom and saw a major surprise. Lila and Adrien sitting next to each other, along with our former friends. Kagami and Juleka waved at us from the back of the class. Next to them was a girl with a pale, light greyish gold-blonde hair with light brilliant rose-coloured bangs on the left side, vivid azure eyes, light scarlet-coral lips and freckles. Her hair is slightly dyed pink. She is wearing a black faux leather jacket, a white top with a pink, cyan and yellow honeycomb flower on the front, and yellow pants. On her feet, her shoes have white shoelaces, toe caps and soles. The sides of her shoes are decorated with blue, lime-green and pink heart and star patterns with black outlines. There's a moderate apple green crown on the left side of her left shoe and a white skull on the left side of her right shoe. The midsole of the shoes seem to be decorated with different drawings that appeared to be drawn with a black permanent marker. The left shoe has a red heart drawn on the toe cap that reads "I ♡︎U". On her left wrist, She also wears a two blue beaded brown bracelets and red and yellow pattern wide white bracelet with black lining on each and a luminous vivid opal-coloured beanie on her head.

"Hey, sis." Zoe called out to Chloe, who waved back at her.

"Sis?" I asked.

"Yeah. My sister Zoe. Well, half-sister. She transferred her yesterday." Chloe replied.

"First, why the hell are you here, Lila!?" I shouted at Lila, who smiled at me.

"Just enjoying my first day back here." She replied.

"Aren't you suppose to be suspended. Like permanently?" Chloe asked.

"True. But the new principal and my mother had a chat. So, as long as I don't lie, I'm back." She replied with a smirk.

"You have got to be kidding me." Nino groaned. Alya patted his shoulder. 

"Me and my big mouth." Isaac grumbled. We made our way back to our seats and slumped on our desks. Adrien looked back and flashed a venomous smile at Isaac.

"Hey, Isaac? How's the eye? It's a shame that you lost 50% of your vision." He called out. Isaac clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. 

"Ignore him, Isaac." Chloe said.