Chapter 18: You're not special

Marinette POV

It's been 4 days ever since the fight for Stone Gym ended with Isaac as the victor. Everyone was buzzing about it. People were staring and greeting us, well mainly Isaac. Tyler Stone got his gym back and, as promised, Victor and the Dropouts never bothered him again. 

Before our first period, I noticed Isaac feeling uneasy.

"Are you Ok?" I asked. 

Isaac sighed and rubbed his bandaged knuckles . I realised that his eyepatch has been removed, leaving behind a three clawed scar on his right eye.

"I have a bad feeling that Victor's right hand man will get payback for me beating up his boss." He replied. I playfully punched his shoulder.

"Hey, Victor may not look like it, but he's an honourable fighter. I'm sure he'll keep his word." I said with a cheerful tone.

"Hey, Icarus!" Kim shouted as he walked towards us. Ivan, Mylene, Alix, Nathaniel and Marc followed .

"Crap." We muttered. As the group got close to us, Isaac scowled at Kim.

"You want another taste of my knuckles, Kim?" Isaac growled as he pounded his palm with his fist.

Kim scoffed and drew closer to Isaac.

"So you think you're a tough guy just because you saved some stupid gym? You're just a sad little boy who misses his dead parents. You may think you're a big shot but to us. You're not special." Kim said.

Isaac chuckled, causing Kim to grab his collar.

"What's so funny, orphan!?" He demanded.

"You act like a tough guy but you're nothing but a coward. A month ago, you bullied Marinette just because she tormented Lila. When she refused to forgive you, you give her dirty looks. Now that Lila's back, you guys decide to rekindle your friendship, despite the fact that she lied and made up those rumours. I get it. I'm not special. But I don't care. I'd rather be the person who defends his friends from naïve punks like you rather than leave them to the next big thing." Isaac said.

Everyone clapped and cheered at Isaac's speech. I nodded and smiled at him, while Kim's face turned red.

"Let's see if you can talk after I knock you flat!" He roared and raised his fist. Isaac grabbed Kim's hand and yanked him off the collar of his hoodie. He effortlessly threw him over his shoulder. Kim landed on the ground, while everyone laughed at him. Ivan helped him up and scowled at Isaac.

"You're gonna get yours." He growled and walked away. The group followed him, not before barging into me.

"If those guys get akumatized. I won't apologise for hurting them." I said.

"You and me both." Isaac added with a nod.