Chapter 26: Advice from a former friend

Alix POV

It's been a month ever since Marinette denounced me as her friend. All because of Lila and her "web of lies" as the new student, Isaac would say.

Speaking of which, I noticed that he was distant from Marinette's group and to Cassandra, the girl who was crying after seeing him kiss that blonde haired gal, Stacy. I mainly see him sparing with our PE teacher, sitting on his own in the back of the class and in the library studying.

Perhaps he needs some friendly advice.

After school, I saw Isaac leaving the library and pulled him to one side.

"Can I help you with something?" Isaac asked, his eyebrow raised in confusion.

"Look. I know you and I aren't the best of friends. And I was part of Team Lila and basically caused Marinette to get akumatized. But I noticed you've been distant with them. Is it because of the incident?" I asked.

Isaac nodded.

"Ok. I'll tell you this. Don't draw yourself away from them. Even if you apologise to them, what good would it do if you keep ignoring them?" I said.

"It's not like that. I just need some time alone."  He replied, tugging his goggles.

"Yeah. But still, you can't call them your friends if you give them the cold shoulder. I mean they did started it. But, still. Two wrongs don't make a right." I said.

Isaac looked into my eyes.

"Why are you helping me? Most, if not all, of Team Lila were happy that I'm not on speaking terms with Marinette and co. Yet you are helping me. Why?" He asked, a suspicious look on his face met mine.

"Because even if Marinette and I are no longer friends after I betrayed her, I still want try to make amends for all the things I've done.It may take decades, but I don't want to end up regreting all the things I've done." I replied.

"But you didn't bully Marinette. Nor beat her up. Or caused her to get raped. Sorry, almost get raped. " Isaac replied.

"True. But I did gave her the cold shoulder. And that's more than enough for her to hate me. And I don't want you to go through what I went through." I said.

Isaac sighed and nodded.

"Alright. I'll give her a call and see what I can do. Also, I should keep an eye out for Lila and Adrien. I got a bad feeling about them." He said.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Never mind. Thanks, Alix. And I hope you make amends to Marinette." He replied and made his way home.

"Thanks." I said with a smile.

You and me both, Spider boy. I thought to myself.