Chapter 25: Bittersweet

Cassie POV

After defeating Chat Blanc and his akuma squad, we went on with our day as usual. However, I remained distant towards Isaac. Even after we apologised to each other, I couldn't bring myself to talk to him. Not after our argument.

Could he have been akumatized because of me?

After school, we went our separate ways. 

I shivered from the bitter autumn cold and cursed under my breath. My hoodie isn't enough to keep me warm. Until, I felt a jacket draped around my shoulders. I looked behind me and saw Isaac wearing a black t-shirt, a grey bandana around his neck, a pair of pilot goggles an his head, black jeans and grey sneakers. On his hand was his Training Sabre sheathed.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi. Thanks for the jacket. And saving us again." I replied.

Isaac nodded. Over than the wind, silence surrounded us.

"About last time. I didn't mean to call you that. I was just frustrated that-." 

"It's ok. Really. Besides, I've been called worse." Isaac said.

"Same here." I replied. 

An uncomfortable silence filled the air as we sat on the bench outside the school.

"I didn't want to kiss Stacy. She force herself onto me." Isaac announced. 

"W-what? Why?" I asked.

Isaac shook his head.

"I don't know."

I sighed and faced him.

"Isaac. Is it ok if we just take some time apart. I mean, we just jumped into this relationship and.-"

"I get it. And maybe we should take it slow. After all, I should've told you about my ex. I just don't want to bring it up." Said the red head as he rubbed his arms from the cold. He didn't met my eyes, but I could tell he was still shaken from his akumatization.

After a while, Isaac got up.

"I should go home. Jackie's expecting me. You can keep the army jacket. It suits you." He said with a smile, but his eyes shone with sadness and self loathing. He turned around and walked away.

"Wait!" I called. As he turned around, I planted a kiss on his lips. After a while, I pulled away.

"See you tomorrow." I said and made my way home. I touched my lips and felt my throat sting with emotions.

"Yeah. Later." He replied.

Isaac POV

I touched my lips briefly and watched as Cassie walked away from me.

For some reason, the kiss we had was bittersweet. Well. more or less sweet and sour.

Why are relationships so complicated?