Chapter 3: Confession backfired

Marinette POV

After completing a large amount of homework, plus a date with Luka, I decided to go out on patrol. Albeit alone. 

Isaac, Nino, Alya, Luka, Chloe and Juleka were preoccupied at the moment and I haven't seen Adrien or Chat Noir as of now. 

I dashed across the rooftops, watching over the city. After a couple of hours of making sure there was no trouble occurring, I decided to make my way home.

"Hello, Milady." Chat's voice said behind me. I turned around and saw my partner with his usual flirtatious smile and a rose in his hand.

"Where the hell were you!? We fought the akuma that was about to wreck the whole city!" I demanded.

"I was taking some time off. After all, I needed it after what happened last month." He replied.

I sighed and shook my head.

"It's fine. Anyway, patrol is over. Head home." I said.

"Wait, before you go. I need to tell you something." He said.

"What is it, Chat?" I asked. He took a deep breath.

"For months, we have fought side by side. Protecting the innocent and fighting criminals and akumas. But we don't know each other that well. I know that we shouldn't reveal each other's identity until we defeat Hawkmoth, but I just can't take it anymore. I'm done with the secrets. It's time for us to come clean, Marinette." He said.

I stiffened.

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Plagg, Claws in." He said. In Chat Noir's place was none other than my former crush. Adrien.

I gasped.

"A-Adrien?"

"I'm sorry I never noticed it before until now, Milady. And I want to say that I love you." He said as he tucked the rose in my hair and clasped my hands.

"Please, Marinette. I know that deep down, you feel the same way." 

He leaned forward and tried to kiss me, but I pulled back and slapped him. He recoiled and clutched his bruised cheek.

"Ow! What was that for!?" He shouted.

"For being a complete idiot! You knew that I'm still dating Luka and yet you still had the nerve to confess to me! Hell, I even confessed to you and you turned me down! For what!? A vigilante superhero in a latex jumpsuit resembling a ladybug!? And then, you told me to take the high road after all the lies and bullying I had to endure! After that, you started dating Lila, the bitch who took away my friends! And now you find out that the girl of you dreams is in fact the girl whom you consider a friend! " I shouted.

"But we were meant to be, Milady. I dumped Lila after she confessed. Forget that nobody Luka and be with me." He said.

"Luka is the most sweetest, kindest and honest person I know! Unlike you!" I retorted.

"You call Lila a liar yet you lied to your friends. Just for what!? To hide the fact that your the same superhero who risked her life to fight crime! Hell, your dating some punk who lives in a boat house and is friends with some wannabe reporter, your ex bully, a DJ cosplayer and some orphaned bastard with Intermittent explosive disorder!" Adrien shouted back.

I punched him in the jaw.

"Don't you dare talk about my friends and my boyfriend like that! I thought you was the one. I was wrong." I said. 

I tore off the rose on my hair and threw it at him.

"We're done, Agreste. If you ever tell anyone about my secret, I will make you regret it." I growled and left the blonde alone on the roof. 

On the way home, I ran into Isaac in his Crimson Web persona. His hood was down and his red hair brushed against the wind.

"Hey, I just finished my homework and was about to start our patrol." He said.

"Never mind about patrol." I sighed, sitting down on the roof with my feet pointing to the ground. Isaac sat next to me.

"What is it?" He asked.

I told him everything that happened.

"And that's just about it." I said. 

Isaac rubbed the back of his neck with concern 

"Geez. Hard to believe the fact that Adrien Agreste is none other than Chat Noir. And he's the guy who you had feelings for." He said.

"Yeah. I better tell Master Fu about this." I said with a nod.

"Speaking of which, I visited Master Fu a while back before the whole Princess Justice scandal. Apparently, he was close friends with my mentor. He was devastated about his death at the hands of Shadow Wing." Isaac explained.

"Any idea about where the owl miraculous is? Or the Falcon and the Eagle miraculous?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"No. The Falcon miraculous and Eagle miraculous were destroyed in the explosion along with my parents. And as for the owl miraculous, I have no idea where it is. After defeating Shadow Wing, he tossed it into the sea." He replied with a sad sigh.

I placed my hand on his back.

"It'll turn up, I hope." I said with a smile.

"I think your right. I just hope it doesn't end up in the wrong hands, Mari. If so, we're screwed." He replied as he combed his hand through his hair.

I stood up and stretched.

"Well, I guess we should call it a night and head home." I said.

"Alright. Later, LB." Isaac said and dived off the roof, swing his way back home. I smiled and made my way home.