Chapter 17: The Fight

Isaac POV

The day of the fight has arrived. 2 weeks of non stop training prepared me for the fight. I stood in the ring, wearing a headguard, gloves and footguards. I threw a few punches and snapped a kick. The crowd were placing their bets.

"Ok, Kid. You got this." Tyler said as he placed his hands on my shoulders and rubbing them.

"I've been training for this for 2 weeks. I think I can handle this." I replied.

"I hope you're right." Jackie replied. Since I told her about the fight, she decided to cheer me on. 

I noticed my friends were waving and cheering. Nino and Marinette were waving a flag that said "GL, CRIMSON!". Alya was recording the fight. I smiled and gave them the thumbs up. Victor entered the ring, wearing gold kickboxing gear. He smirked at his friends.

"Alright. Let's do this." I said.

"Good luck, Kid!" Tyler shouted. I walked towards Victor. The referee stood in front of us.

"Alright. One round, first person to get knocked out is the loser. Touch gloves and get ready to fight." 

We touched gloves and got into our stances.

"GET READY! FIGHT!"  

I threw a punch at Victor, who dodged and punched me in the jaw, knocking me backwards. As I regained my footing, Victor snapped a kick at me. I sidestepped and punched him in the cheek. He stumbled backwards. Before he could react, I punched him in the stomach. Spit and his mouth guard flew from his mouth. He coughed and panted.

"Not bad, punk. Not bad at all." He chuckled. In a flash, he snapped a kick at me. I backflipped out of the way. He unleashed a flurry of punches and kicks. I ducked and dodged them. He tried to knee me in the jaw. I blocked, not knowing it was a feint.

"WIDE OPEN!" Victor shouted and punched me in the stomach. I coughed up some blood and stumbled backwards, clutching my stomach. Before I could recover, another punch aimed at my forehead, tearing the headguard off my head. I landed on my side, dizzy from the blow.

"REF! START THE 10 COUNT!" Victor shouted. The referee nodded and started the counting to 10.

"1,2,3,4."

I climbed back onto my feet and wiped my mouth. The referee walked back. Victor smirked and darted towards me. I ducked under the punch and sidestepped. Before he could react, I kicked him in the back. AS Victor kneeled, I jumped up and slammed my heel into his neck. Victor fell to the ground face down.

The crowd roared as I stepped away from Victor. 

"C'mon, stay down." Jackie muttered, her hands clasped together. 

The referee started the 10 count. Before he got to ten, Victor got up and laughed.

"You're not bad kid. You're the first person to knock me to the ground. At least that's an achievement. But, this time I'll make sure you stay down."

We exchanged punches and kicks as the crowd cheered at Victor and I. Victor tried to grab me but I slipped under and kneed him in the stomach. As he doubles over, I got him into a clinching position and kneed him viciously in the face a few times before kicking away from me. Victor leaned against the ropes, panting for breath.

"Need a break?" I asked as I shuffled from foot to foot. Victor shook his head.

"No need, this will finish it." He said and hurled a punch at me. I crossed my arms, as if I was anticipating the blow. 

"ISAAC! WATCH OUT!" Zoe shouted. As I uncrossed my arms, I saw a kick aimed at my right side. Before I could react, the kick struck me in the head. The world turned sideways as I fell to the ground.

The crowds words were muffled as I struggled to regain my footing. Victor was celebrating. The referee was counting to 10. Before he got to 10, I leapt back onto my feet. Victor turned around and laughed.

"Are you some sort of masochist, Kid!?" He asked.

"No. Just a guy who doesn't give up." I replied. He chuckled and darted forward. We traded blows as the crowd cheered us on. As our fight intensified, I felt my stamina reaching its limit. 

"Time to end this!" Victor roared and threw a vicious punch at me. Time slowed down as I ducked under the punch and launch a brutal punch at Victor's chin. Before Victor reached, my fist collided into his jaw. Blood droplets sprayed from his mouth as he stumbled backwards, dazed from the blow. Seeing my opportunity, I darted forward, hitting Victor with a brutal barrage of punches and kicks. The crowd chanted my name while the Dropouts shouted at their leader to fight back. 

With a great amount of effort, I flash kicked Victor in the chin. He flew off the ring and landed on the ground, causing his gang members to surround him. One checked his pulse and stated he's unconscious but alive. The crowd cheered and chanted my name. The referee held my wrist and raised my arm in the air.

"The winner by knock out is Isaac Jones!" He announced. I raised my other arm and smiled at the crowd. Jackie climbed into the ring and hugged me tightly. Tyler smirked and gave me the thumbs up.

"Kid!" Victor, who regained consciousness., called out to me and entered the ring. He offered me a handshake. "You got skills." 

I smiled and shook his hand.

"Since you win, we'll let the old man keep his gym. We won't bother you again. Fighter's honour." He added.

"Thank you." I said with a smile. Over his shoulder, I noticed his right hand man and a few of his friends leaving the gym.

What could they be up too?  I thought.