Chapter 31: The explanation

Fu POV

As Isaac promised, he returned the armadillo miraculous. He asked for an explanation. I told him to come by my shop alone with his friends after school.

7 hours have passed and I heard the door to my dojo open. Isaac, Marinette, Cassandra, Luka, Alya and Juleka entered.

"Where are Chloe, Nino and Kagami?" I asked.

"Hospitalised. No thanks to Chat Blanc and Silk. They did a real number on them." Isaac replied as he rubbed his shoulders.

"And even worse, they got the fox miraculous." Alya grumbled.

I sighed.

"It seems luck isn't on our side."

"And that's saying something." Luka said.

"Now, Master Fu. How come you never told us you had other miraculous? We could've defiantly own Hawkmoth." Cassie said, her arms folded.

I nodded.

"Yes, it is true that I have other miraculous in my possession. But if I told you, you would've done something reckless with them and lose the miraculous. Not saying that I'm saying you are not allowed to know about them. Surely, you are aware of the consequences, Marinette. " Fu said.

"I get it. It's because if Hawkmoth and his akumas find out, we could be in big trouble." Marinette said.

"In other words, if Hawkmoth gets his hands on the miraculous, we're screwed." Isaac said.

"When you put it that way, yes." I replied.

"Something's bugging me. Why is Hawkmoth so bothered about getting his hands on the Ladybug and Chat Noir miraculous anyway?" Cassie asked.

"Yeah. Now that you mentioned it. I don't think we even asked about that." Luka said, rubbing his chin.

Silence filled the air as the young superheroes stared at me, waiting for their answer.

"As far as I know, whoever gets both the Ladybug miraculous and the Black Cat miraculous will have the power to grant any wish they desire. But, every wish has dire consequences for their actions. And it could cause the end of the whole universe." I said.

They gasped and exchanged looks.

"No freaking way. Who would've thought that jewellery which grants superpowers would end up being used to cause mass genocide?" Isaac said.

"To be fair, the black cat miraculous grants the user the power of destruction and bad luck." Marinette said.

"And the ladybug miraculous grants the user the power of creation and good luck." Alya added.

"Yeah. It's official. Hawkmoth hates our guts for not coughing up the miraculous. For whatever the hell he wants with them." Cassie said.

Juleka raised her hand shyly.

"Yes, Juleka?" I asked.

"What happens when a miraculous  holder gets akumatized and they are in their superhero form?" She asked.

"Then their powers become amplified. They can use it without having to recharge. Similar to the snake miraculous but on a broader scale." I replied gravely.

"No wonder Chat Blanc was able to use his Cataclysm more than once. And in order to free the akuma, we might have to break the miraculous." Marinette said.

We looked at her with astonishment.

"But what about the kwami? Would they be killed because of it?" Cassie asked.

Wayzz shook my head.

"No, they will be weakened. But they will live. Depending on the damage." He said.

"That doesn't give me that much hope." Isaac sighed, crossing his arms. 

"A bit of hope is way better having no hope." Cassie replied.

"Amen to that." Alya added with a smile.

"Alright. Keep an eye out for Chat Blanc. Or any of the akumas. Isaac, stay behind for a minute. There's something I must give to you." I said.

Everyone left my dojo while Isaac stayed in his seat. I gave him the metal cestus,  which turned into a bracelet with a ring and a chain attached. I also gave him another box.

"You're giving me this?" He asked.

"I trust you. As did Shu." I said with a smile. 

"And the box?" He added.

"Give it to that Malik boy. As I remembered, he risked his life for his friends. And I can see that he changed from how you previously described him." I replied.

"I won't let you down." He said and left.