Chapter 9: Truth about Jackie and some advice.

Isaac POV

I woke up, lying on a hospital bed with a sheet covering my body. I lifted the sheets and saw bandages on my torso and arms. I brushed my hand over my eye and felt a bandage over my eye.  I sighed sadly.

It wasn't a dream. It actually happened. I thought glumly. 

I heard the door open and saw Jackie walk towards me. Her blonde hair was tied into a ponytail. She wore a black jacket and a grey shirt underneath with black jeans and red sneakers. 

"Isaac." Jackies exclaimed and hugged me. I returned the hug. After a few moments, she pulled away.

"I'm sorry. For not telling you that I'm Crimson Web." I said.

"All that time. The late nights. The injuries." Jackie said as she rubbed my hair.

"I didn't want you to worry." I said.

"I did. And I think your parents would be proud of you. You risk your life for others without hesitation." Jackie replied with a warm smile.

"How did-?" I asked.

"I was a miraculous holder when I was your age. I had the Jaguar miraculous. Called myself Shadow Panther. Helped your parents back then." Jackie said as she smiled proudly.

"What happened?" I asked.

Jackie's smile faded.

"I got a little to careless. My miraculous was destroyed during my fight against Shadow Wing's right hand man, Armoury. Watched as my kwami, Shade, fade before my eyes. I felt completely useless." She said sadly.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"But your mother told me this. It takes more than just a mask, a jumpsuit and superpowers to be a hero. It takes compassion, duty, honour and respect. Even without your miraculous, you're still Shadow Panther. That was her last words to me before she and your father went to fight Shadow Wing." Jackie added.

I looked away from Jackie and stared at my bandaged arms. 

I think I know how you feel, Jackie. I thought.

"Madam,  visit time is almost over." The doctor said. Jackie held my cheek for a moment.

"Just remember. With or without the mask, you're still Crimson Web." She said and kissed my forehead before leaving my room. 

I sighed and rest my head against the pillow.

I agree with you, Jackie. But some might not. I thought.