Chapter 8: Fallen Hero

Adrien POV

I arrived at my bedroom and changed to my civilian form. Plagg floated next to me. He couldn't speak but his scowl says it all. His fur was white and his eyes were icy blue.

"You look better in white. Matches the eyes." I said with a chuckle. Plagg turned his back to me. I shrugged and went to my father's study, only to be greeted by Lila and my father. 

"Hey, babe." I said and kissed her on the cheek. Lila giggled. 

"Do you have the spider miraculous?" My father asked. I nodded and placed the ear cuffs on the table. 

"Good work, son." He said with a smile and inspected the ear cuffs. 

"I think I should lay low as Chat Noir for a while. Better yet, abandon it for good." I said.

"A good idea." Nathalie said.

"Where's Nathaniel?" I asked.

"No idea. After I took the snake miraculous, I left." Lila said as she twirled the snake bracelet on her index finger.

"Doesn't matter. We have our prize. We still need the Ladybug miraculous. And our goal will be complete." My father said.

"Which means more akumas." Lila said.

"At least we got those pesky heroes out of the way." I said.

"For now, let's get some rest. Lila can stay here for the night since she said she's staying at Sabrina's place." Father said as he made his way to his bedroom. Nathalie went to her bedroom, while Lila and I made our way to mine. She kissed my cheek.

"Did you mean what you said? That you had feelings for Marinette?" She asked. 

"Used to have feelings for her. Not anymore. Since she has that dead beat guitar lover. I won't be able to see you at school since your suspended." I said.

"I got it covered. You'll see." She said with a smirk.