Chapter 12: Time to cool off

*Listen to the music at the top whilst reading this. You can thank me later*

Isaac POV

I sat on the chair in front of Principal Smith's desk. He sat down and faced me. 

"Now, Mr Jones. I have looked through your files. It seems that your parents were killed during a car crash during their vacation in Spain. Because of this, you have been bullied for being an orphan, despite having a family friend looking after you. Due to this, you have some- no disrespect- anger issues. Is that correct?"

I nodded. Mr Jones nodded.

"Now, I can't say I blame you. Anyone would lose their temper after years of bullying. But there are better ways to resolve a situation. For one walking away." Mr Smith said. 

I tugged the strap on my goggles around my neck.

"I know it may not be ideal. But it's better than throwing punches and injuring others. Including yourself. An act like that might end up with you being in prison. I don't think your parents- God rest their souls- would want that."

I wiped away the angry tears from my eyes and nodded. A lump of emotions stun my throat.

 "What would you want me to do about my anger?" I asked.

"I'll leave that to you. For now, I'll let you go. But next time, I will have to suspend you. Is that clear?" Mr Jones asked.

"Yes, sir." I replied glumly. He nodded.

"You can go. I've already talked to your career. She'll talk to you after school." Mr Jones said. I picked up my bag and prepared to leave the office.

"By the way, Isaac. I know about your activities as Crimson Web. It was all over the news. I'd take some time of if I were you. Even vigilantes need a break." Mr Jones called out. 

I glanced back and nodded.

"I'll keep that in mind, sir." I replied and left his office. 

As I made my way back to class, I bumped into Marinette. 

"Hey. You ok?" She asked. I nodded.

"You know, Master Fu did say he could give you a miraculous. A temporary one until you-" I interrupted her by shaking my head.

"No, Mari. I need some time to cool off. Doing this superhero work is tiring. And stressful. I need to cool off. If I get akumatized, who knows what happens next. And I don't want to hurt you guys." I said.

"Speaking of which, an akuma was heading your way until it backed off. Good thing the principal gave you a one off. If you got suspended and then got akumatized, it'll be game over." Marinette said.

"Yeah. Again, I need some time off." I said.  

"How long?" She asked.

"I don't know. A few day at least. Until I get my head straight, I can't hang out with you or Luka. Or anyone right now."   I said as I glanced at Chloe and Zoe, who waved at me. I nodded back. Marinette nodded.

"Just don't be afraid to tell anyone about you personal conflict." She said.

"I'll keep that in mind. See you later, Mari." I said as I patted her shoulder and walked past her. Chloe tried to talk to me but I ignored her and walked to the canteen.

Marinette POV

I watched as Isaac walked away from me. Chloe stood next to me and sighed.

"Poor guy. Must be hard. Being bullied and having some serious anger issues." 

"Shouldn't that be your experience?" I asked with an unamused look on my face.

"Hey. I changed, OK!?" Chloe retorted with a pout.

"You think he'll be ok?" Zoe asked me. 

I sighed.

"I hope so. The last thing we want is another akuma attack."