Chapter 23: It's not what you think.

Isaac POV

After last night, Cassie and I started dating during and after school. It wasn't easy because we only see each other during P.E., lunch and Art. We either go to the library to study or go and eat out after lessons.

For some reason, I felt somewhat closer to her than to Stacy.

A week after, the group and I went to History. I noticed Cassie talking to some of her friends. She looked back and waved at me, smiling. I blushed and waved back.

"Soo? You and Cassie are dating, eh?" Nino asked with a smug look on his face. I blushed.

"N-no! She's just a friend." I stuttered. 

Alya rolled her eyes. Marinette sighed.

"We don't want Adrien Agreste 2.0, Isaac. You obviously like her." Alya said.

"I- Um." I tried to speak but the words got stuck in my throat. 

"I hope she's not your rebound girl." Kagami said.

"No. She's not." I replied, clearly annoyed with her response.

We arrived at  our History class and greeted Ms. Mendeleiev. Half the class gave us dirty looks, excluding a pink haired girl who didn't meet our gaze. 

"Wonder what's wrong with Alix?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know and I don't care." Marinette replied as we sat on our seats.

After a long hour with Ms. Mendeleiev talking about the French republic from 1792, we made our way to Art. I searched in my bag and found out I left behind my art homework in my locker

"You guys go ahead, I gotta go to my locker." I said.

"Alright, I'll let Mr Monlataing know." Kagami replied. As they went to Room 33, I dashed back to the locker room. After 3 minutes, I found my locker and prepared to open it.

"Hello, Isaac." I turned around and saw Stacy leaning on the wall. She wore a dark blue t-shirt, black jeans and black and white sneakers. She had a small smile on her face.

"What do you want, Stacy?" I growled. She walked towards me and placed her hands on my chest.

"I want to say I'm sorry for dumping you for Malik and I was wondering if we could get back together." She said. I shook my head and stepped away from her.

"You missed your chance. You should've apologised back then. I'm done with you. Go back to that piece of shit Malik." I replied and began to walk away.

"Is it because of that Cassie girl? I bet you love her." She called. I stiffened and turned around.

"What does that have to do with you?" I asked.

"I bet she feels the same way. Let's see how she feels after this." She said with a smile.

"What are you-?" 

Before I could react, she pulled me into a kiss. I tried to push her away  but she kept a firm grip on my army jacket collar. I managed to pull away from her, wiping my mouth.

"What the hell was that for!?" I shouted. 

Stacy smiled and pointed behind me. I turned and saw a large crow gawping at us. 

"He forced me to his him. I tried to say no, but he didn't listen!" Stacy shouted as a scowling Malik helped her up.

Cassie turned around and ran away.

"Cas, wait!" I called and ran through the crowd. As I passed Marinette, I could see a look of disappointment. 

After exiting the school, I saw Cassie sitting on a bench. I went over and sat next to her.

"Cas, I can explain." I said. She scowled at me.

"Explain what? That I'm just some toy you can play with. Mari told me about your ex, how she hurt you. So what? I'm your rebound girl!?" She asked, tears of anger pricked her eyes.

"N-no! It's not what you think. I swear I never wanted to-." 

"Well you just did. You kissed your ex, right in front of me." She interrupted me. I tried to calm down, but it wasn't helping.

"If you can just let me explain." I said, struggling to control my anger.

"I don't need to hear a damn thing from you!" She shouted and got up from the bench and made her way back to class. 

"Cas, wait!" I called and grabbed her wrist. She turned around and slapped me. 

"DON'T YOU COME NEAR ME AGAIN, YOU HEARTLESS SON OF A BITCH!" She shouted. After that, she walked away, leaving me alone.

I glumly walked to the back of the school and sat down, ignoring the cold autumn wind. I felt tears prickling my eyes. My phone rang. I looked at it and it said Maribug with the picture of Marinette and our friends. I cancelled the call and stayed were I was.

Cassie POV

I walked back to the locker room, trying my best to not cry. But the tears came and I leaned on the locker and sobbed. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looking back, I saw a blonde haired girl who looks like Chloe but her clothes were different.

"Zoe." I croaked. She pulled me into a hug and stroked my hair.

"It's ok. Let it out." She said.

I hugged her tightly and sobbed.