Chapter 37: Final Battle

Isaac POV

I landed on the building, standing behind Hawkmoth. His usual purple suit and grey mask was replaced by a red and black suit with a green tie. His mask had fake cat ears and his cane resembles Cha Noir's. He turned around and smirked.

"So, Here you are. You fought your way to face me. I can't decide if your brave or foolish." He said.

"The jig's up, Gabriel Agreste. Surrender and we can end this." I said. Hawkmoth shook his head.

"You are obviously aware why I'm doing this. Yet you tell me to stop. I'm afraid I can't. Not until I have my darling wife, Emilie back in my arms." He replied. 

I looked to his right and saw Marinette clutching her ribs and sitting against the wall. She locked at me and nodded.

"You're not the only on who lost a loved one. My parents died at the hands of Shadow Wing when I was a child. All my life, I wanted them back. But it's impossible. Not even unlimited power can bring back what you've lost. The only thing we can do is move on and live our lives as long as you can." I said.

Hawkmoth shook his head again.

"You lack the drive and conviction to do the right thing. And that is what the difference between you and I." 

My kwami and I exchanged looks and nodded.

"Maybe. But I, nor will anyone, will be like you. My friends and I wouldn't even think about going off the deep end. There are many lines that shouldn't be crossed. And you crossed way to many, Hawkmoth. I will stop you or die trying." I said and crossed my arms.

"Dill! Arachne! Unify!" 

My armoured jumpsuit was coated in red, symbolising my Crimson Web attire. I had a hood over my head, a beige lower half mask and red boots. My rope dart had a red spider shaped blade. The rope was white, similar to my webs.

"Now, you face Iron Spider." I said and got into my stance.  Hawkmoth chuckled and twirled his cane. 

After a moment of eyeing at each other, we darted forward and exchanged blows. Hawkmoth swiped his cane at my neck, I blocked it and head butted him in the face. As he doubled over, I launched a drop kick at his torso. He fell of the building and landed on a cloud of butterflies. He launched a wave of dark energy at the building I was standing on.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed and picked up Marinette bridal style. We leapt off the building and landed on the road. I placed Marinette onto the ground. We looked and saw Cassie and the others running towards us. Hawkmoth smiled.

"Let's see if you can recover after this!" He said and launched a wave of energy at them. Nino used shelter to block the attack. 

"Bastard!" I shouted and fired my rope dart at him. He caught and pulled me towards him. As I moved within his range, he tried to swipe me with his sword. I quickly fired a web at his face, blinding him. I landed on another building. 

"Lucky charm!" Hawkmoth shouted and summoned a minigun.

"Oh that's just unfair!" Alya shouted.

I quickly dodged the barrage of bullets fired at me. One bullet knocked my mask off my face., causing me to roll across the ground. Hawkmoth jumped off the cloud of butterflies and continued to fire his minigun at me. I quickly used deflect to bounce the bullets away from me. 

"Enough of this!" I shouted and launched my rope dart at the minigun. With a mighty tug, I yanked the minigun from his hand and used it to hit Hawkmoth on the head. He stumbled to the side and glared at me. He fired a wave of butterflies at me, obscuring my vision. Before I could react, a sword slashed at my chest. I yelled and rolled onto the ground. I touched my chest and saw my hand covered in blood.

"Aww. He fell down." Hawkmoth taunted at me. I entered a kneeling position.

"Isaac. Get up!" Jackie shouted.

"Get 'im, Kid!" Victor and Tyler roared.

"You can do it, Icarus!" Alvin and Callum cheered.

"You got this, Spider boy!" Alix shouted.

"I believe in you, Isaac!" Cassie shouted.

The crowd cheered and urged me to get up. Hawkmoth picked me up and threw me into the Eiffel Tower. I clinged onto the railing and looked up as Hawkmoth raised his cane sword.

"I'm going to kill you and smother your girlfriend with you remains. After that, I'll get rid of her and your friends as well." He said with a crazed grin.

I noticed Malik creeping up behind him. 

"Good luck with that." I said with a smirk.

Before Hawkmoth noticed, Malik lunged for his sword. He dodged and kicked Malik away from him. While his guard was down, I fired a web at his arm and tugged the sword out of his hand. Hawkmoth tried to throw the web of him but I fired a rope dart and tugged him off the Tower. He tried to grab me but he was out of my reach. I fired a web at his leg.

"Why? Why save me?" He asked.

"Personally, I don't want too. But I'm not a killer. Unlike you and your son." I replied, gritting my teeth. The web strained against his weight. Malik tugged on the web I was holding onto, preventing it from snapping.

Hawkmoth chuckled and then laughed.

"You amuse me, Isaac Jones. I hope you enjoy your final moments. Because my son will continue what I have started." He said.

"What's that suppose to mean, old man?" Malik asked, grunting with effort.

"You'll see." He said and removed the ladybug, cat and moth miraculous and tossed them to me. I caught them, only to realise that I let go of the web that was supporting Gabriel.

"Isaac! The web!" Malik shouted. 

"NO!" I yelled as the web snapped. We could only watch as we saw Gabriel Agreste fell to his death. We looked away as he hit the ground. The crowd gasped.

I sunk to the ground, resisting the urge of vomiting.

We won, but at what cost?

Gabriel's life and Adrien's chance of getting his mother back.