Chapter 38: Trauma and The Confession

*Warning: Lemon*

Isaac POV

It's been 5 weeks ever since we defeated Hawkmoth. All the criminals that escaped from The Rig have been rounded up and imprisoned. Stacy left the country with her older sister and was never heard from again. Lila and her gang were also suspended from school and sent of to The Rig. Adrien was also sent to The Rig along with Gabriel's assistant Nathalie, AKA Mayura. Adrien gave me a dirty look as he was shipped away.

I couldn't blame him. I just killed his father. 

Speaking of which, The Mayor decided to give him and his wife a proper burial. It wasn't much but It was enough.

As for me, I had trouble sleeping after the events of Hawkmoth. I could still see his smiling face burning in my mind. I couldn't even focus in my lessons. I even drew distant from my friends.

December the 25th came around and we started our Christmas party. I was invited but I left early because of my trauma. As I entered my house, I saw Cassie sitting on the sofa. She was wearing a white winter jacket, a black sweater, tights and sneakers. Her kwami flew towards me and hugged Arachne.

"What are doing here? And how did you even enter my house without the key?" I asked.

"Jackie notice you were feeling a bit down after what happen and gave me the spare key to come and see you. But since you wasn't at home, I guess I decided to stick around." She replied, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Damn you, Jackie. I thought to myself. She walked towards me and rested her head on my shoulder. A wave of heat flushed over my cheeks.

"You feel so warm. And your heart's beating very fast." She said with a smiile.

"You're near me. So of course I'd react like that." I replied.

She smirked and wrapped her arms around my waist. 

"Well, your friend says otherwise." She whispered in my ear.

"My what?" I asked. It only took me a second to know what she meant. My ears and cheeks turned scarlet. 

"You're cute when your flustered." She said and pulled away.

"Am not!" I retorted.

Cassie snorted with laughter before planting a kiss on my lips. From the kisses we shared up until now, this one might actually be my favourite. Our kiss deepened as I wrapped my arms around her. My hands brushed against her lower back and crept into her sweater. I felt her skin. Soft and silky.

Cassie pulled away.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No. It's just that, I want make sure that you meant what you said. Do you really love me? Am I more than just a rebound girl?" She asked, her eyes shone with tears.

I kissed her forehead.

"I meant what I said. I love you. I probably have fallen for you ever since we first met in Stone Gym. You're not my rebound girl. You're the one who I truly love." I said.

Cassie's smiled broadened as she pulled me into a kiss. I carried her and walked up the stairs and entered my roof. I placed her onto the bed and kissed her. She sat up and removed her clothes, revealing a dark blue bra and thong. Her skin shone in the moonlight. I gawked at her, spellbound by her beauty.

"Your turn." She said. I gulped and removed my clothes. I stood in front of her wearing my black boxers.

She traced her hands on the scars on my body. She gently pushed me onto the bed and lay next to me.