Chapter 4: Shock and working for Hawkmoth!?

Adrien POV

I arrived at my room and transformed back into my civilian form. 

"You are an idiot." Plagg said with a disappointed shake of his head. 

"Shut up, you floating stomach." I growled and sat on my bed.

Why? Why did it not work? Marinette was suppose to be with me. We are soulmates. It was meant to be.

"If only you didn't reveal your secret identity and blurt out your feelings at the wrong moment, none of this would've happen." Plagg said.

"You don't understand. I was in love with Ladybug, who just happen to be Marinette. Now she leaves me for some guy who lives in a boat house with her deadbeat mother and sister." I grumbled.

"And for good reason too." Plagg replied.

"Adrien?" My father's voice called out from my open bedroom door. He stood with his eyes wide with shook as he saw my kwami floating next to me.

Silence filled the air.

"You're Chat Noir!?" He gasped.

"Father, I can explain-." I said. My father interrupted me by waving his hand.

"No, there is something I need to show you. Come with me." He said and left my room.

I followed him to his office and saw a large picture of my mother. He pushed the three buttons and activated an elevator. As we descended, I saw a coffin. We walked towards it.

"A coffin? That's what you wanted to show me?" I asked.

"No." He simply replied. He pushed a button and showed my mother's body.

"M-Mother? But you said she disappeared." I gasped.

"That's partially true. The thing is that I have preserved your mother for years. And because of the peacock miraculous, she is like this. That's why I needed the ladybug and cat miraculous. To bring her back." My father said.

It suddenly hit me.

"You're Hawkmoth. But who is the holder of the peacock miraculous?" I asked.

"I am." Nathalie said as she stepped from the shadows.

I looked at them with a shocked look on my face, trying to process the situation.

"But, why keep this a secret?" I asked.

"Because I doubt you would help us if you knew I lied to you, my son. I know what I've been doing all this time was wrong. But it was for the right cause. I know you may never forgive me for all the things I've done to you and your friends, but please. You must understand." My father said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

If only I knew why my father acted so cold to me. If only I knew why Hawkmoth was doing this. 

I nodded.

"I get it. It was so that you could bring mum back." I said as I twisted the ring on my finger.

"So? Will you help us?" Nathalie asked.

I nodded. Plagg phased out of my jacket.

"Are you crazy, Adrien!? Regardless of his intentions, you can't let Hawkmoth have the miraculous!" He shouted.

"I'm not asking for your opinion, Plagg. I'm helping my father." I said.

"I won't let you!" Plagg shouted and tried to grab my ring. I swiped it away from him.

"Plagg, you are not allowed to speak until I give you permission!" I shouted. Plagg's lips were sealed shut. He tried to speak, but to no avail.

"I will help you, Father." I said with a smile. My father hugged me tightly.

"Thank you, Adrien. I knew you would come around." He said with a smile.

I smiled at this.

Marinette, you are going to rue the day you rejected me. And I know the people who can help me.

"Also, I know who Ladybug is." I said.

"Who?" My father asked.