Chapter 32: A shocking discovery

Cassie POV

As Master Fu said, we decided to keep an eye out for Chat Blanc and his akuma allies. So far, apart from fighting criminals, we haven't found any sign of them. 

"What a pain. Hours of searching, wasted." I sighed and sat on the roof.

"Maybe Hawkmoth decided to take a vacation?" Alya suggested.

"Or plotting for something." Isaac replied, rubbing and rolling his shoulders.

 "Ok, guys. Let's call it a night. We've got school tomorrow." Marinette said.

After a quick farewell, we parted ways. On my way home, I saw a blonde haired boy and an auburn haired girl walking into an alleyway.

Isn't that the boy Marinette and Isaac told me about? Adrien Agreste And that girl must be Lila Rossi. I thought to myself as I followed them. I landed on the roof and peeked over to see them.

"Well. That plan failed. Isaac and Cassie are no longer mad at each other. Despite the fact that she hit bellow the belt with that insult." Adrien sighed as he leaned against the wall.

"And not to mention that he managed to use the akuma against us. No one has eve done that before." Lila replied, rubbing her chin in thought.

"No matter, we'll get their miraculous. Especially that Armour-dillo guy. I just can't wait to cataclysm him." Adrien growled, shaking his fists in anger.  Lila placed her hands on Adrien's

"Regardless of how many allies Ladybug has, we will emerge victorious. Your father will need all the help he can get. Using Marinette's former friends will help. Ivan, Mylene, Kim, Rose, Sabrina, Nathaniel and Marc." She said with an evil smirk. Her blonde haired lover nodded in agreement.

"Ladybug will never know what will hit her. Nor will her meat shields." He said with a smirk.

It took me a second to realise what I just heard.

Adrien Agreste is the son of Gabriel Agreste.

Then that would mean one thing.

Gabriel Agreste is Hawkmoth!

Before I could leave, an invisible hand caught my throat. I tried to free myself but to no avail. Chat Blanc appeared in front of me with a wicked smirk.

"Well well well. What do we have here? If it isn't Crimson's little girlfriend." He said, tracing his claw across my neck.

"Adrien? Have you lost your mind? Hawkmoth is your enemy!" I croaked. The white cat nodded.

"It's true. But now, I see that my true enemy is those who stand against him. Marinette and her pathetic friends. My father merely wants my mother back." He replied.

"What are talking about?" I asked, trying to free myself from the grip of my invisible assailant.

"You'll know, soon enough." He replied and punched me in the stomach, knocking me out.

30 minutes later

I woke up in a basement with my hands and feet chained to a chair.

"Sahara, Unleash your sting!" I shouted, waiting for my transformation. Nothing happened.

"Looking for this, Scorpio? Or should I say Cassandra Castiano?" A voice in front of me said. A man with blonde hair in a white suit, a red and white tie and white shoes walked towards me. In his hand was the scorpion bracelet.

"Give that back!" I shouted, struggling to free myself. The chains cut through my wrists and ankles.

"Now, now. No need to be hostile. I just want to talk." The man said  and sat on the chair in front of me.

"Gabriel Agreste." I growled. The man smirked.

"I'm surprised you know me. And I take it that you are aware that I am Hawkmoth?" He asked.

"Why are you do this? Why terrorise millions of innocent lives?" I asked.

Gabriel sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Years ago, my wife and I found the peacock and moth miraculous. We studied and tested it's powers. However, some time later, my wife grew weaker and weaker every time she used it. It got to a point were she fell into a coma and never woke up. After years of research, I found a way to revive her. The Ladybug and Black Cat miraculous can grant the wearer the power to have their wish granted.

So, I took up the mantle of Hawkmoth so that I can gain the ladybug and black cat miraculous by any means necessary. It was only when I found out that my son and his former love interest were Ladybug and Chat Noir, thanks to my son." Gabriel explained.

I shivered in silent rage after hearing his monologue.

"You mean to tell me that you've been manipulating and brainwashing innocent people just to get your wife back!? What kind of person does that!" I roared. 

Gabriel held me by the hair.

"The person who would do anything to ensure the safety of his family. No matter what. If you were in my position, you would do the same." He growled.

"I don't manipulate people's emotions for my personal gain. I took up the mantle of Scorpio to protect people and punish the injustice." I replied, scowling at the delusional business man.

Gabriel tutted and released his grip on my hair.

"Of course you would. Using your powers for the benefit of others, not for yourself." He sighed, removing his glassed and rubbing his eyes.

"Once I get out of here. I'm telling everyone who you really are." I said. Gabriel smirked at me.

"Oh, I think not. Lila." He called. Lila emerged from the shadows, wearing her fox outfit. The spider ear cuffs remained on her ears. 

"I have a proposition for you. I need you to free all the criminals from a place called The Rig. I will akumatize them. We will have an army to help reclaim the miraculous. Let my son know about this." He said.

"Of course, Hawkmoth." She said with a smirk and left.

"You won't get away with this!" I shouted. 

Hawkmoth laughed.      

"I already did. She's all yours." 

As he left, a group of teenagers armed with whips and knives came towards me. I instantly recognise one of them.

"Stacy!?" I gasped.

"Time for some pay back, bitch." She said with a sadistic smile.