Chapter 34: Fighting the akumas

Marinette POV

I kicked one akuma in the face before punching another in the chest, knocking him out. Another swung her axe at me but Kagami blocked it with her sword. Chloe dropkicked another akuma in the chest and lead a crying child back to her mother.

"There's no end to them." Chloe panted as she wrapped her spinning top around an akuma, pulled him towards her and kicked him in the mouth.

"Keep fighting! We can't let them take Paris!" I shouted as I ducked under a bullet from a gun slinging akuma.

"Easy for you to say, Mari!" Luka replied as he kicked another akuma in the stomach.

Chloe was right, every akuma we defeat, another takes their place. At this rate, we might end up getting overwhelmed. 

"It's over, Ladybug! Surrender and we'll make this quick." The gun wielding akuma said, pointing his flintlock at us.

"As if we'll surrender to you." Chloe said, twirling her spinning top.

"Big words from a soon to be squashed insect." The axe wielding akuma replied with a smirk.

"This is payback for making us stay in that damn cell, Ladybug! Get 'em !" 

The criminals advanced towards us, their weapons drawn.

"I guess this is it." Kagami said, readying her sword.

"Might be. But we're not going down without a fight." Luka said as he twirled his bone baton.

Before the akumas attacked us, a sound wave struck them, they dropped their weapons and clutched their ears. 

"EAT THIS!" A figure wearing a bat jumpsuit leaped of a building and struck the ground, sending a large energy wave towards them, knocking them out.

"What the-?" Chloe gasped.

"Malik? But how did you get a miraculous?" I asked.

"Thank your friend for that." He said pointing at Isaac, who kicked the last remaining akuma in the head and lashed out his rope dart at another, throwing him into a lamppost.

"Phew. That's all of them. For now at least." He said.

"Isaac, how did-?" I asked.

"Fu gave it to me to give to Malik. He said he'll give it back once we're done." He said.

"Ugh, guys. We got company." Malik said, pointing at another wave of akumas.

"They don't know when to quit." Isaac sighed and clutched his dart.

"We'll handle this, Kid." A voice behind us called. We turned around and saw Victor, The Dropouts and Tyler armed with bats, BB guns, taser batons and wooden planks.

"Victor? Tyler? What are you doing here?" Isaac asked.

"Helping you, of course. Now, go and find your girlfriend." Tyler said with a smirk.

"Cas is not my-!" Isaac growled, then sighed.

"Whatever, good luck."

"You two, Kids" Victor said as we left to find Hawkmoth while the two armies clashed.

"You think they'll be ok?" I asked.

"I hope so. For now let's-" 

Our communicators rang. We answered.

"Hello, Buggabo." Adrien's voice rang.

"Adrien! Where are you!?" I shouted.

"The Eiffel Tower. And I brought a special guest for Isaac. Say hello, Cassie." He said.

"Guys! Help!" Cassie cried.

"CAS!? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!?" Isaac shouted.

"The akumas. They kidnapped me and took my miraculous.  Please come and get me. Also, Gabriel Agreste is-!" 

"I think that's enough. Don't be late." Adrien said and hung up.

"I'm gonna kill that bastard Adrien." Isaac growled. I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Stay calm, we don't want you to get akumatized again. And I doubt it'll be like last time." I said.

Isaac sighed and nodded.

"Alright. The Eiffel Tower. That's where he'll be waiting for us." He said.

"Then let's get going." Malik said.

We made our way to the Eiffel Tower.