Chapter 16: Bruises

Kagami POV

I've noticed that Isaac has been wearing gloves every time he leaves the school. I know he said he can't hang out with us anymore, but it's not going to stop me from talking to him. As he was getting his stuff from his locker, I decided to stop him before he leaves.

"Kagami!? What brings you here?" He asked.

"What's with the gloves, Isaac?" I asked as I pointed at his gloves.

"Does it concern you?" He asked. 

I raised an eyebrow. He sighed and pulled off the gloves. His hands and knuckles were covered in faded scars and bruises.

"What the hell?" I gasped.

"I guess my secrets out." He chuckled and told me how he got the injuries. After he finished, I nodded.

"I get the idea. But, this is suicide." I said.

"If I don't do this, Tyler's gonna lose his gym. The Dropouts have been scaring away customers for months. The gym's belonged to his father, who passed away a few years back." Isaac said as he pulled the gloves back on.

"Couldn't you call the police? They can deal with it." I asked. Isaac shook his head.

"No way, Kagami. If I do, then Victor wins by default. And I'm no quitter." He said. His eyes shone with a fiery determination.

I sighed.

"Fine. But I'll be telling the others about this. We'll cheer you on during the fight." 

"Fine by me. BTW, where were you when Marinette was given the cold shoulder by her ex friends?" 

"I was participating in a fencing tournament and took some time off to train. Even if I wasn't present, I did support Marinette. Unlike Adrien. I thought he cared. Guess I was wrong." I said bitterly.

Isaac looked over my shoulder and saw Adrien and Lila making out. I looked back and gagged.

"Yeah. I know what you mean." Isaac said.

Afterwards, we parted ways. I head home while Isaac went to Stone Gym. I pulled out my phone and called Marinette.

"Hi, Mari. It's me. I think we should go and see Isaac." I said.

"Why?" Marinette asked.

"Let's just say that he'll need all the support he can get. And make a flag. Bring the others as well." I said.

"Ok, Kagami. When shall we see him?" She asked.

"Friday, the week after next week. See you then." I said and hung up.

I hope you know what you're doing, Isaac. I thought.