Chapter 47 : The Ugly Duckling

Platinum Bedroom. Afternoon. Eun Hee's POV.

"Where you heading to, Eun Hee-yah?" I whip back so surprised from Chanyeol's startling appearance by the door, peeking sceptically at me. I place the blouse down the powder table, I forgot.. Chanyeol doesn't know about the dinner I have with Baekhyun tonight. I don't mind telling him about the whole plan but, I'm scared of how'd he react. The worst thing he'd do is to lock me up here and miss the dinner. Just thinking about what Baekhyun would feel if it did happens makes me twice as sure as to lie to Chanyeol now..

"O-Oh, this? Hehe, I thought I would visit my cousin's house for today. It's been such a long time since I have paid a decent visit there.." Chanyeol immediately rushes to the walk-in closet, quickening to swipe each hanged clothes in his part of the place. "W-Why haven't you mentioned so earlier? I could drive you there with my car and, you know, I think it would be great to meet them in person now, don't you think so?"

His face was covered with reddish cheeks, face displayed with anxiety and body trembling that it was hard to tell whether he wanted to go or not. But that's not the problem right now. I place a hand on his shoulder, "H-Hey, Chanyeol.. I-I don't know how to say this but, you can't go.." In an instance, his back straightens, doubling his height just a tad bit. "O-Oh, is that so.. I'm sorry. I just thought it would finally be an opportunity to meet even just a relative of yours."

I narrow my eyes down the velvet floor, feeling hopelessly indecisive and lost in this situation. I mean, what was I suppose to do. If only I've known that I'll be having such an emotional dinner with Chanyeol the other night, then I wouldn't have agreed with Baekhyun. I'm such a awful person.. Suddenly, a big hand takes place on top of my head, gently patting my hair warmly. "Hey, don't feel sad about it. I totally understand."

My eyes rise up to meet his almost instantaneously. By the looks of it, he really did seem to have gotten over it and understood almost entirely. Right now, smiling at him is the only option I have to agree with his words. Chanyeol lands a quick peck on my forehead, "Alright. Then, enjoy, okay? Call me if you need anything, like anything. I'll be there in an instant!"

For the remaining time I had on my hands before I meet up with Baekhyun, it was Chanyeol that helped me pick an outfit, without even knowing the reason where or who I was really going to meet up with later. I guess it's fine without him knowing, right? It's not like I see Baekhyun any more than a friend with some romantic feeling or anything. Yes.. just as long as I know that I'm not cheating on Chanyeol or anything, everything will be fine.

...

Late Afternoon. Cheonggyecheon Stream.

I happen to spot a man's wristwatch as he passed by me, searching Baekhyun's presence if he was anywhere near the place where I stood. "I'm sorry. Did you wait long, Platinum?" I glance back to find Baekhyun, fixing his fancy gray jacket, wearing his glasses again after such a long time. I deny waiting for a couple of minutes and spoke, "Not really. You're right on time. I actually just came early since I wasn't really in favour of waiting with Chanyeol and the rest." Baekhyun creates a small sound of amusement. "Let me guess. You weren't able to tell Chanyeol and the rest about this whole thing?" "Er, yeah. Sorry, I really don't know how I'd tell them about this whole thing. I mean, you do know Chanyeol and how he exaggerates things.."

He paints an awkward smile, "Well, I guess you had a point. I also thought about that as well. That's why I would like to apologize for having to let us meet here. I would have loved to pick you up by the dorm, but then, you know the rest." The both of us laughed merrily in tune to one another, proceeding to walk to his car, drive and set off towards the planned dinner of Baekhyun.