Chapter 32 : Trust Issues

Early Morning. School Entrance.

I sigh heavily, landing flat on my steps as I face the humungous university. Before I could proceed further, Chanyeol jumps out from behind the nearby pillar, surprising me with the rest of his members behind him. I plant my stare down, proceeding to walk away when a hand pulls me back. "W-Wait, please. Hear me out--" "Will you please let go of me? Your grip is hurting me.." I whisper.

Chanyeol, at the said order of mine, release his clamp. "S-Sorry.. So, uhm--" "If I accept your apology, will you stop talking to me from now on?" I question, eyes darting him a serious stare. "E-Eun Hee, w-why are you acting so cold nowadays. This.. This isn't like you at all.." said Tao, frowning beside Kyungsoo and the rest who seems to be plastering the same expression.

I clear my throat, "If I were you, I'd stop begging for an apology from someone who wouldn't accept it. If that's all you have to say, then I'll be leaving for my first class.." As I spun to the direction of the school, the school bell that strike eight o'clock rang throughout the establishment.

Baekhyun, who got off the car, examines the scene in front of him, silently glowering at the Gold members as he proceeds to catch up with Eun Hee.

...

West Wing Corridors. Bronze Building.

"Eun Hee!" I whip back to find Baekhyun, jogging towards me with a smile. I narrow my eyes away from his stare. Baekhyun cease in place, huffing small puffs of air out his pinkish lips. "I-Is there something the matter, Eun Hee?" Before Baekhyun could even land his hand on top of my right shoulder, I dodge it unconsciously out of the way.

The both of us share an awestricken look. I fix the strap of my bag, and hurriedly ran to my classroom. Baekhyun clenches his fist, briskly walking to the other end of the hallway.

...

Gold's Room. Self-study Period.

The doors open wide, revealing Baekhyun with a menacing look. All the members stand hastily, observing a former Platinum member walk up to their leader. In one blow, Baekhyun lightly punches Chanyeol on the cheek. "What have you done to Eun Hee!" Kyungsoo rushes in before another blow lands onto Chanyeol's face.

"What the hell, Baekhyun! What was that for, huh?!" said Lay, shoving Baekhyun a good meter away. "No! Shut up, Lay! I'm talking to Chanyeol!" Baekhyun lands his eyes to Chanyeol who seems restless. "Don't try to hide it from me! I saw you with her this morning! She wasn't the same Eun Hee that brought smiles to everyone! She changed! You changed her! It's all your fault why she's like this!" shouts Baekhyun at the top of his lungs.

Chanyeol wince at the painful words of Baekhyun, adjusting the jaw that was punched on. "I know it's my fault. You may beat me to death and hate me for all I care. But that doesn't matter one bit, because I'm willing to do so much more just so she could look at me straight in the eye! I'm willing to do a lot.. 'cause I.. I.." Chanyeol trails off, flushing deep red.

"If love is the term you're going to blurt out, then you might as well give up on the idea of her accepting it. There's no way she'd love a man that has betrayed and used her for selfish deeds. From now on, I will protect her." Baekhyun, who was as close to leaving out the door, was cease when Chanyeol hollers out his name. "Y-You can't protect her! She's just going to push you away. She.. I know she is tired of all of this. So there's no way--"

"Then so be it. I'll protect her either way. Because all throughout my stay here, it was her who treated me like a friend. And now that it has come to this, it's my time to show her what a true friend should be." Baekhyun rushes out the room, slamming the door shut with a loud bang. Chanyeol lands down his office chair, feeling defeated by the strong words of Baekhyun.