Chapter 88 : A New Leaf

Two days later. Platinum Room. Eun Hee's POV.

It has been two days since the Platinum Birthday Ball, and although there were series of situations that night, it was still an enjoyable memory. As much as I want to replay the eventful night, I just can't because the most important thing to focus on for this week is the finals!

I drop my pencil, stretching my arms back with a well-accomplished look. As I lean back, I hear the chime of the necklace I have received for Christmas. I look down at where my neck is displayed with a beautiful silver chain with one four-leaf clover as the charm of it. After receiving many wonderful gifts from everyone, it was Kai's gift that surprised me with a short note stating that throughout the many hardships we've overcome, he would continue to watch over me as what he promised Eomma.

Before I could hit the books, it was Krystal who barged in with reddish cheeks. I lean back at my chair, darting my look at Chanyeol who seems to have glanced at the same time I did. Krystal walks casually towards my desk, slamming a small paper bag with the label of Tiffany. I wasn't scared at her abrupt approach, rather, I was worried what problem she wants with me now.

"Erm.. This is?" I gibber. Her cheeks turn even reddish from before she entered. "D-Dummy! I'm giving you a gift!" She crosses her arms, facing the left side with her eyes strayed away from my view. I stood from my chair, taking out a small box from the paper bag. Upon opening, I find a gorgeous set of round diamond earrings. My mouth literally opens wide, staring right back at her who seems to be taking small peaks at my reaction.

"W-Well..!? Aren't you going to say something about my gift..?!" She yelled at my face with a gentle tone. "Krystal.. Do you perhaps want to be friends with me?" I said bluntly. Just like an arrow, I think I've hit the mark with the right words. She displays an embarrassed expression looking down at the floor with her arms just in front of her. "Y-YAH! JUST CAUSE I'VE GIVEN YOU A GIFT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU, STUPID!"

I watch Chanyeol saunter beside Krystal, flicking her forehead with a dissatisfied look. "Yah, just how long are you going to keep hiding it, huh? If you keep up with that Tsundere reaction of yours you'll never make normal friends, stupid!" Krystal bites her lower lip, closing her eyes as if she was at the verge of her patience. I await her outburst when she glances back at me with less threatening eyes.

"Y-You can be my friends if you want B-BUT I'M NOT FORCING YOU OR ANYTHING, STUPID!" She panics at the end of her sentence. Chanyeol flicks her forehead for the second time, "Stupid! Ask her properly!" Krystal grits her teeth, her hands wrapping Chanyeol's neck. "STOP FLICKING MY FOREHAD, STUPID! BONEHEAD!" "Y-Yah! What'd you just call me, hah?!"

As the members and I examine their usual cousin bond, I could tell that Krystal had grew up even for just a tiny bit from being my enemy. It doesn't show much with her given attitude, but to approach me first, I think that's already too wonderful. Before Chanyeol's face could turn blue from Krystal's painful strangling, I steal her hands away, handling it with much care.

"If it's fine with you, I'd also want to be friends with you too, Krystal!" I said with glee. She did not give me a wide smile, but with her own expression, she gave her usual cold look that looked thrice as gentle as the faces she has shown me. Just like a small child, she tightens the hold of my arm, blushing as she finally releases a small smile.

Before anything else, it was only but Chanyeol who ruined the moment. He places his elbow on top of Krystal's left shoulder, giving a suspicious look. "It's great that you two are deciding to be friends but," Chanyeol plasters a serious look, "I cannot afford to let just anyone be friends with Eun Hee. Since you and Eun Hee had a bad relationship from the start, what truthful words can you give me right now to secure that you're not just playing another prank on her."