Chapter 85 : Love Triangle

Same Evening. Facade of Platinum Dorm. Eun Hee's POV.

I could feel my mouth slowly opening out of shock, the words that Kai had said meant more than a rhetorical question. "That is..." I trail off, unable to produce the right words as of the moment. He touches my left cheek with the back of his hand, "Sorry, that must have startled you. You don't really have to give me an answer since it was just a curious question."

Kai rubs both my shoulders, warming me up quite a bit. "It's starting to get cold, you should go in before you catch a cold. We wouldn't want the birthday girl to get sick on her Birthday Ball tomorrow." He hops down the staircase but I holler his name before he could enter into his vehicle. Kai darts his attention back to me, "Something the matter, Eun Hee?"

I tighten the hold of my jacket, "For what it's worth, I think.. I think I'll also like you as well if we weren't step-siblings, Kai." saying that made Kai show a tender smile, getting inside his car after seconds of idle stare. I clench my fist, placing it near my fast beating heart. Although he takes it as a curious question, I can't help but feel that I am doing something wrong by liking him truthfully.

I turn to face the entrance door, opening to find heaps of gifts laid all around the steps of the staircase. I gawk at it at first, analyzing the name tag that was written in calligraphy, apparently all of what's spread out here is mine. "Eun Hee!" I look back to find Chanyeol, panting by the entrance door I just came in a few seconds ago.

He walks up to me, still in the midst of catching his breath. And when we were a meter apart from one another, Chanyeol takes a big deep breath in and out. "I finally found you.." I tilt my head to the side, "I'm sorry, I was with Kai today.. Is there something you need from me?"

Chanyeol eyes me with complete seriousness, "Eun Hee.. I know that I have been the most idiotic person to have ignored you, no, to have dealt my rage towards you over my actions but, you have to know that up till now, it has been and always been you." He holds both my hands, intertwining them with his. "Eun Hee, I still like you."

The hands that he holds, now lies frozen. Part of me was truly happy that we've reconciled and all, but the latter told me not peep a word out my mouth after what Kai had asked just a few moments ago. I snatch my hands back away from him in a way wasn't rude, stared at him straight in the eye and bowed.

I wanted to apologize, but even if I do I don't have any reason to have to say that. Besides, if I do say that, he'll only think that I'm rejecting him and it'll only lead to more questions. I rose from my long bow and ran up as fast as I could up to the Platinum room where I'm sure he'll be asking why I ran away from him.

...

Meanwhile. Chanyeol's POV.

I heard her slam the door back, echoing throughout the entire dorm. I stood in place, looking down the hands that held her just now. I continue to stare at it with a complex look, "If I knew that she was going to run up to her room just now, then I wouldn't have bothered to eavesdrop and witness an embarrassing act of confession." said Lay who came waltzing in with both his hands in his front pockets.

I dart my eyes to him, eyes still remain the same. "D-Does she think I'm.. disgusting now?" Lay makes up his thinking expression, "Looks as if Jongin had something to do with her fishy attitude just now." It finally came to me, "Wait.. You don't think that, that Jongin confessed to her!?" Lay snorts, "No way, they're step-siblings. I don't think that he's the type of guy to go after his so-called step-sister."

I look down the ground, feeling emotional when I thought of what's to happen tomorrow. "Ack, damn it! I confessed and got rejected hastily. Now it'll be too awkward to be her escort tomorrow at her ball!" Kyungsoo walks in the main hall, carrying fresh laundry in a basket. "What? Your confession got rejected?"