Chapter 56 : Scandalous Letter

Day 5 of Winter break. The next morning. Eun Hee's POV.

At such an hour of six in the morning, it was only me who was awake inside the room. Last night was a lot of fun, and it made me think that it was only just a dream in my head. But everyone in the room passed out like a light made me think otherwise, even Jihoon and Uncle was able to sleep humbly on the floor after last night's weary event.

I walk silently towards the room and wondered if I could go ahead and grab something to eat by the buffet area, but something made me pause for a while, something suspicious just behind the other end of the door. I was even more surprised to see the shadow seemingly pacing back and forth in front of the door. It made me even curious as to who it was.

Finally, in just one pull of the door, I find Xiumin with a pondering look on his face. I was extremely surprised that I had to go out and close the door behind soundlessly. "X-Xiumin..?! What are you doing here, huh?" I spoke as I yelled and whisper at the same time.

He frowns, holding both my hands. "Eun Hee-yah! Are you okay? You're not hurt or anything, right?" I was dumbfound by his certain words, by the expression he displays right now, there's no doubt that something happened while I was unaware. "Uhm, I'm sorry. I don't really quite follow, what do you mean "okay"?"

Xiumin, for a while, hesitated before opening his mouth once more. "K-Kai.. Kai was here.. Eun Hee. I saw him talking to the group of Japanese sponsors. It didn't see like he was up to anything, b-but he must have a reason to go here anyway! I thought for a moment that you two must have met, but it seems that you have no idea about his presence till now--"

"Wait, s-so that means I'm not hallucinating..!" I untimely sounded off. Xiumin was caught off guard by my ecstatic look, worried to the point of it. "So you did see him.. " "Y-Yeah.. Sort of. But it was only like a millisecond. After that, he just disappeared like a puff of smoke.."

The hallway seemed to grow longer as the both of us mute ourselves for a second, contemplating the memories of what we have of Kai just recently. I shake my head, "A-Anyway, it's nothing to worry about. Winter break is almost over and we'll be able to see the others soon. But, uhm, you didn't tell Chanyeol about this, right..?"

Xiumin innocently shakes his head, "N-No of course not! He's way too busy this week and if I were to tell him about it he'll surely come visit here to see it himself. Even though you warned us not to get involved in your Winter break, Chanyeol is bound to break that promise of his." Xiumin's right.. Whether it is a promise or not, Chanyeol still has the ability to listen to his senses alone. In a few hours, we'd be departing from this place anyway. It's better to just stay close or else I'd bump into him again..

I pat Xiumin's head, "Have you eaten, Xiumin?" "A-Ah! That's also the reason why I was here! I wanted to invite you to breakfast, if you don't mind that is." He bashfully asked. I place my hand over his shoulder, "Since you asked nicely, then we shall." I giggle.

...

Meanwhile. Lotte, Hong Kong Branch. Chanyeol's POV.

"Well now, that was an interesting meeting you put up. As expected from Mr. Park's own son." says Mr. Chou, wholly expressing his amazement with a good pat on the back. I press the elevator button and silently await the arrival of the lift. I ignored Mr. Chou's good praise since he has been bugging me ever since I arrived here in Hong Kong a day ago.

The elevator arrives and the two of us went in. Hastily, I hit the ground floor, hoping it would speed the process of landing. "So? Have you thought about my proposal for you?" He started again. I close my eyes in frustration but kept calm all the way. "I'm sorry, Mr. Chou. The answer will always remain rejected since I am very serious about my Platinum."