Chapter 84 : Eun Hee's Birthday

The next day, Early Morning. Platinum Dorm. Eun Hee's POV.

I peek out to find the hallways empty, not a sound was heard anywhere else. I went out my room, wondering but not really concerned whether the members know it is my birthday today. Well, I wouldn't blame them, I never really told them when my birthday was anyway. I decided to go to the library today, in preparation for the finals that is a week away.

As I exit the Platinum dorm, I find the most unexpected person just below the few steps of the staircase. "Kai?" Kai looks back at me, grinning as he jogs up to where I stood frozen. "Morning, Eun Hee." Speechless, I just nodded back at him. "What's up? Are you waiting for someone?" I spoke, glancing back at the door behind me.

He shakes his head in denial, "I was actually waiting for you, birthday girl." My cheeks flush red, quite moved for Kai to actually remember my birthday even though this will be the first time in forever again. I smile at him with ease, "You remembered my birthday.." He knocks my forehead once, "How can I ever forget your birthday, Eun Hee."

Kai puts his hand in front of me to take, "Shall we?" I cock my head back, "I thought we weren't suppose to let anyone see us in good terms?" He shrugs off the simple thought, taking my hand by his own will. "In your birthday, nothing really matters to me anymore. Besides, I've missed more than enough celebrations together with you, and I'm not going to miss this opportunity to spend time with you today. So," He said, tugging my hand lightly. "Shall we?"

With the words he said just now, I don't think I could decline his invitation. I wrap my hands with his, feeling a bit tingly inside of me. He opened the car door for me, and as I went in, the both of us drove off away from school grounds.

...

Meanwhile. Dean's Office. Dean's POV.

I look down through my window, smirking as I watch both my Eun Hee and that young lad Jongin enter his car and dash off from school grounds. "..I'll let them have their fun for today since it is her birthday after all.." I murmured to myself. "Did you say something just now, Jonghyun?" spoke Chulwoo -- Jongin's Father. I glance back at him, giving him a negative response.

"No, nothing at all." I pour Chulwoo another glass of red wine. "So, what's all this inviting me to your office today, Jonghyun? Must be something important if you clarified that it is urgent business." I pucker my lips as I think and hum at the same time. "For you, I'm sure it is of no importance, now that Kai is out of the position, you have actually no business in a party I will be holding for this year's Platinum."

Chulwoo grunts, taking the wine in one gulp. "To think that my own son had cheated off on the Platinum's Election. Such a disgrace, that child.." "Hmm, that's really no way to speak about your boy, Chulwoo. After all, you don't know half of what he is capable of. He's strong and very brave, you should get to know him a little better." Chulwoo sighs, "So, what is it this party anyway? If you know that I have no such interest considering that my son is no longer the Platinum leader, there must be some catch to why I'm being invited personally." Jonghyun previews a mischievous smile, "Seems you still have that sharp mind of yours after all. Anyway, I called out for your presence today to invite you to the Platinum's Birthday Ball. I'm sure you've heard of that?"

"Yeah, I heard it's a big deal for this campus to celebrate it. But what of it?" said Chulwoo, shifting his legs to another position. "Well, you being the highest donator of this school, I thought that you should at least be given credit for all the wonderful things we have in this campus."

Chulwoo gives a deciding look towards Jonghyun, "When is it?" "Tomorrow evening around 7 o'clock. If you do go, please do invite your lovely wife. I'll assure you that it is a night that you'll never forget."