Chapter 54 : One Time Cinderella

Evening. Function Room. Eun Hee's POV.

"Eun Hee!!" He leaped out the stage and embraced me so tightly I thought I was going to die trying to catch my breath. I pat his back to get loose, "W-What are you doing here, Xiumin!" I said, pinching his arm with a voice that only he could hear. "I thought you were flying to Japan with your family..!" I shout-whisper at him.

He frowns, "I did go to Japan~ Actually, there's a funny story! You see, the moment I arrived in my hotel in Japan. My mother called me and told me that she won't be able to make the opening for Grandma's long-awaited event. Then I remembered that you lived somewhere around the area in Busan! So I didn't hesitate to go!"

Xiumin immediately lands an embrace, "And right now I'm so happy that you're here! Really! What a small world! I was actually going to find you after the event was over, but I'm so glad that fate was so kind to us." He smothers his face with mine, "Ahh~ A whole week with Eun Hee all to myself--" I scrape him off of me, gathering attention to the people around us.

But the person who stood out most was Jin-ah. I couldn't, no, I didn't understand why she made that kind of sad face. It looked as if her world has shattered in just brief seconds, and when I try to analyze it. Indeed, she muttered the word 'prince' just a while ago. However, with no left to find missing puzzles as to why she blurted out something like that, I was left utterly speechless.

Our eyes met a short period of time, revealing tears which I hadn't seen her wear since her Father left. It was a horrible feeling because I knew from her look, that it was me to blame for her sadness. "Jin-ah, wait--" Jin-ah pushes her way in the crowd, disappearing into the sea of people.

I huff a sigh, flicking Xiumin's forehead. "Yah! Mind telling me what you did or say to my best friend, huh?" He raise a brow, tilting his head to the side. "Best friend?" I slap a hand on my forehead, "The girl who just ran away! Didn't you see her at all?"

He straightens his back, glancing at both Ami and Jihoon with a neutral look. "Hm.. You mean that girl with short curly hair?" In the midst of Xiumin's serious look, Ami butts in with a ferocious look. "Yah! Just 'cause you're handsome doesn't mean you can get away hurting my best friend just now! To be fair, you have to introduce me to a hot guy--!" I place a hand over Ami's mouth for a second, "A-Anyway! You better have a good explanation to me later!"

I ran out after those long lived words, attempting to read where Jin-ah must be hiding. Why not start in her favorite place to sulk but the restroom.

...

Luckily for me, the female washroom was inhabited by no one. The cubicle stalls were all free, except for one in particularly at the last. I clear my throat of nervousness and mustered all my strength to resonate a knock on the door. "J-Jin-ah.. Look. I don't know when, rather, how you met up with this 'prince' you've been talking about... but--"

"Tell me, is he also one of the rich men you've met in Seoul, Eun Hee?" I cringe at the sound of her weeping voice. I felt guilty, but nonetheless wanted this whole mess cleared up before the party ends. "I'd lie if I said I didn't.. W-Wait, that's not what's important right now! Listen, Jin-ah. Xiumin.. Xiumin is just a friend. Actually, to tell you the truth, he was one of the first people I've met in the campus.. He is special, but as a friend."

Silence wraps the whole cubicle, I cautiously try to knock once more for a response but instead, find myself in the arms of Jin-ah. I was caught off guard at the same time relieved, "What to do, Eun Hee.. I've.. I've embarrassed myself in front of him. I don't think I'll be able to show my face to him anymore.."

She lifts her face near mine, "And I did something so immature to you without even asking about it. I'm such a stupid friend.. I hope.. I hope you forgive me, Eun Hee.." I plaster a smirk, patting her head gently. "How could I ever last a day fighting with you, Jin-ah. Of course I forgive you, dummy."