Chapter 70 : Jihoon's Investigation

The Next Morning. Eun Hee's House. EunRa's POV.

"Morning, Eun Hee-yah. Did you sleep well?" ask Ms. Jong, stir-frying some noodles in such an early morning. I sat by the dining room, staring at myself using my favorite compact mirror. "Yes, I certainly did." Ms. Jong turns around from her stove, jumping a bit to see me and not her daughter who she thought by the quick glance she took while I was descending down the staircase. "Oh, it's you, EunRa! Really, you look exactly like Eun Hee that I'm often mistaking you for her nowadays." says her, laughing it off as she continues off cooking.

Speak of the devil, Eun Hee arrives just by the door of the dining area. I pretend to cough, catching the attention of Ms. Jong to take notice of her mute daughter. "Omo, are you still feeling sick, Eun Hee-yah?" asks her Mom. I watch as she makes a feeble nod, looking as if she was really sick and tired of her life already. Perfect.

I clear my throat, starting to eat the meal in front of me without waiting for Eun Hee to take her seat. As soon as she does, she looks back to her Mom without lifting her chopsticks first. "Are you going somewhere, Eomma?" Ms. Jong heaves up a big lunch box, placing all the noodles inside of the container. "Why, yes. I'm actually going to visit your Aunt Zang in Nopo-dong. She's been feeling under the weather as well, and since her two children are busy with work, she called me and asked if I could come over for a short visit. I'd let you come as well, but then EunRa won't have any company at all. Besides, you're sick. You must rest, okay?"

"I hope your sister takes care, Ms. Jong. It must be awful to get caught with a flu and have no one take care of you. Rest assured, I will personally take care of Eun Hee when you're away." I said, tapping my chopsticks down the half-eaten portion of my rice bowl. "W-When will you come back?" asks Eun Hee, her tone of voice hesitantly shaking.

"I'll be back tomorrow afternoon! If you're still feeling unwell by then, I'll bring you back some herbal medicine. Well then, I better prepare for the trip, wouldn't want to keep her waiting!" Ms. Jong, as soon as she placed the lid on top of the big lunch box, rushes her way up the staircase leaving me with fragile Eun Hee to tease.

She faces me, her eyes darted down on all the food laid down on the table. Seems she wasn't up to looking directly at me, but I think I could change that otherwise. "So, I guess we're going to be alone for half a day, isn't that exciting?" I threaten her. She bites her lower lip as she chew rice inside her mouth, forcing herself to agree even though I knew I was mentally killing her inside.

...

Meanwhile. Chanyeol's POV. Classroom.

"Ouch! Chanyeol, help me! Lay won't stop poking me with his pencil~!" says Tao, circling Chanyeol's desk as Lay chase him around with a well-sharpened pencil. I ruffle my hair for the second time this morning, catching the stares of Kyungsoo, Xiumin, and Chen with their heads tilt to the side. "What's wrong, Chanyeol? Something bothering you?" ask Kyungsoo, pulling the chair that was in front of Chanyeol's desk. I wasn't at all worried, but maybe I am since Kyungsoo mentioned it just now? But still, I can't get that thing out from my head last night. I shut my eyes close, maybe this is the perfect time to tell them about Eun Hee's decision to stay here in Busan.

"Guys, can you gather around me for a while. I have something to tell you.." I mutter out my breath. As I commanded, they surrounded my entire desk. "What's up, Chanyeol?" asks Lay, finally tired of chasing Tao around. "I don't know.. how to tell you all this straight. But promise me that all of you would act mature about this, alright?"

In a simultaneous order, they nod with a serious look. I prompt myself to sit straight, eyes focused on my hands that were laid on top of the table. "You see, Eun Hee...Eun Hee won't be going back to Seoul anymore." "WHAT?!" They roared. I wince at the sound of their harmonious rejection on the matter, feeling even more depress just thinking about it. "D-Did she really say that Chanyeol, did she really?!" "Y-Yeah! There's no way she'd say that! She was so eager to get back to Seoul too..!"