Chapter 74 : The Car Trip

The next morning. Facade of Eun Hee's House. Eun Hee's POV.

I fix the strap of the travelling bag I once used to get here, saying my last farewell to Byul who seemed to have finally recognized me after some time of my stay. Just before stepping out onto the cement floor of the outside, Eomma slips something in my hand. Upon closer inspection, I find it to be the small lunchbox I used back in Grade school. It had the same familiar shape of the pink rabbit logo alongside the light pink checkered design that used to be so popular at that time.

"It's going to be a long drive back to Seoul. I only managed to fit in a thermos of hot soup, some pickled ginger and Kimbap." Eomma swoops me into her arms, giving me warmth that I would soon miss when I return. "Please have a safe trip, dear. I will always be praying for you." I agreed to her words with a positive hum, feeling her thumbs rub my elbows as she pulled away from the embrace.

I proceed to exit, going over to the Platinum members rather than the Gold members who were standing just beside the big van.

...

Meanwhile. Living Room. Kai's POV.

Ms. Jong enters back from the front door, looking more weary than this morning. She glances up at me where I stood in front to block her way. At first she looked at me with disoriented eyes, but later shows off a soothing expression. "Ms. Jong, I have something to tell you before I go." "Yes, what is it, Kai?"

I stare right into her pupils before speaking, "The pictures that were sent here.. was all my doing." Her eyes examine mine, almost as if trying to look for the reason why I did such actions. In a whim, she holds onto my hands, no, almost gripping onto them like it meant her whole life. "I've known you since you were still such a child, Jongin. To have done something like this.. would mean that there is a reason to it, is there..?"

I narrow my eyes down the floor, "Ms. Jong, as much as you place your trust towards Chanyeol and I. I still do not have a solid plan on protecting Eun Hee. The reason why I sent you those ghastly edited pictures was to alert you and put Eun Hee into house arrest. Seeing as though you did exactly what I assumed, I still couldn't believe that he himself would get involve deeper as to come to Busan and personally threaten you face-to-face."

Ms. Jong touches my cheek, almost what a Mother would be doing to her infant at such a young age. "You know, till now.. I still wonder why you chose to protect me, the person that ruined your family, instead of your Father. But to have you in my side.. as well as protect my Eun Hee, I can't thank you enough for this. By the time everything will be said and done, I hope you'll be there to aid her."

The moment I agreed to her, Luhan had already come inside the house again to call for me, saying that it was already time to go. I bid my last farewell to Ms. Jong, wondering when I'd be able to hear from her again.

...

In Front of Eun Hee's House. Eun Hee's POV.

Hmm.. Kai has been inside the house for quite some time already. He's probably talking to Eomma about something.. Maybe I should go and check-- "Eun Hee!" I turn back to find Kyungsoo with a blanket. "Huh? What's all this about, Kyungsoo?" I said, bouncing my eyes down to the blanket and to his eyes. "It's when you get cold inside the car. Chanyeol's car tends to turn cold without him noticing it, it's a bit of a pain, but that should do the trick."

I smile warmly, taking a small sniff out of it to recognize a scent of baby powder. Soon after, I have completely forgot what took place between me and Chanyeol last night. I pinpoint my stare at him who was busy talking to Suho, probably talking about the work they've done for the past couple of days for the Platinum group.