Chapter 38 : Clean Crime

Hospital Room 320. Exclusive Section. Eun Hee's POV.

I slide the door open using my left foot, toddling my way inside the room with freshly new scented pillows for Baekhuyn's aching back. Lay helps me support him forward a bit as I lay and fluff each pillow before laying him back gently. I smile at him, placing strands of his hair away from his forehead. "How is it? I made sure to get the scented Lavender ones. I hope you like it."

He fiddles with his fingers, smiling bashfully with his eyes straying away from mine. "I seriously don't know where to begin, Platinum. From when you defended me from Kai quietly yesterday till now, you stayed by my side willingly and supportively. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.."

I gave him a slight pinch on the cheek, squinting my eyes as if I was pinching a baby's cheek right in front of me. "Like I said, you don't have to keep saying your gratitude towards me every ten minutes, Baekhyun. Any person with good morals at that time would surely help you out of that situation."

"That's right, Baekhyun. I may not know you personally and well enough. But seeing you get beaten up by your leader was a very horrid sight to behold. Now that I've seen your true colours up front, I feel the need to say that you are very much at the wrong hands from the beginning, dealing with those Platinum members must have given you lots of grief over the past months and such, huh." says Lay, smiling at the other end of the bedside.

Baekhyun lightly shakes his head, smiling as if a nostalgic feeling overcame his mind. "Not at all. Rather, I feel so blessed to have met them. If it weren't for them, I probably would have been naive through my entire life. Because of them, I was able to understand that not all people are alike and well-mannered, not like the people in my house who are solely controlled by my parents."

I paint up a warm look. "Gee, Baekhyun. It's like I'm meeting a saint for the first time in my life. It's almost scary, hahaha. But that doesn't come to a surprise to me anymore, you're a kind person after all." I raise a fresh bowl of rabbit apples with a grin. "Leaving those matters aside, let's go have some apples before you take your stroll out by the Garden."

Baekhyun chortles, taking a piece with a toothpick attached. "Alright, Platinum."

Suddenly, Chanyeol appears beside me, taking in the piece of rabbit apple that Baekhyun poked out on the bowl. Upon chewing it, he takes place beside me with a stool chair. "Ooh, sweet apples. Where'd you get them, huh?" I puff my cheeks, placing the bowl down at the night stand, "Hey! Those are for Baekhyun to eat!"

Chanyeol shrugs, "Can't undo what has been done." I roll my eyes, feeling my hands down the table to find the bowl nowhere. I turn left and right to find Chanyeol holding onto it, a rabbit apple poked with a toothpick as it was ready to be served to Baekhyun's mouth. "Omo, what's this all about Chanyeol?"

He smirks, "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying to get along with Bacon--I mean Baekhyun here. Isn't it obvious enough?" I clasp my hands in joy, "Aww! That's great news, Chanyeol! I didn't know this day would come so soon!" I make a stand from the chair. "Anyway, enough of my ramble. Go on and continue feeding Baekhyun! I'll go and prepare for that finals competition I have set in less than two weeks from now." I amble away from the spot, not minding the after response of the both of them.

Lay stands, "I'll go and test you on that Biology test for Tuesday." "Aww, thanks Lay! That'll be a great help!" He excuses himself away from the both of us, plopping down beside Eun Hee at the couch, a meter away from where Baekhyun's bed is positioned.

Chanyeol's smile fades off as Eun Hee and Lay exit the nearby area within Baekhyun's bed. Baekhyun remains silent, returning the same gaze. They squint eyes at each other, speaking the infamous words they have for one another. "Tower." "Bacon." Baekhyun pulls the stare to a stop. "What do you want stealing her attention, huh? Everything was perfect before you showed up."