Chapter 72 : Kai's Comeback

Dong-Eui University. Morning. EunRa's POV.

The moment we arrive in front of the school gates, I find all of Chanyeol's so-called members all readied with their light luggage. "Leaving so soon?" I gibber. Chanyeol heaves a sigh, showing a half-hearted smile. "The principal said that we should at least say our farewells to the class before heading off to Seoul. But, if it's okay with you, is it okay to walk you back home one last time..?"

Just as long as Eun Hee could see the show, why not. "Alright, I'll consider your request." I try to wrap my arms around him when he suddenly shoved me back a centimetre away. I watch as he brings about a wide-eyed expression, probably surprised that his body moved on his own. Chanyeol brushes the situation with a smirk, "S-Sorry.."

He continues to walk with the members on both sides making a horizontal straight line as they walk towards the campus. I was left behind to see their backs facing me, thinking too much about his weird action just now.

...

Later on. Homeroom Time. Chanyeol's POV.

"Well now, I don't want to say that this would be the first and last time we will see these students. But rest assured, their stay brought about something good inside of us. To the girls who sloppily studied and earned failing marks made a huge impact when the students of Seoul came back. For that, I am grateful for your wonderful presence. And now, without further ado, a speech from Park Chanyeol." The homeroom makes way for me to stand behind his desk, students leaned in front of their desk with their heads tilt at the side looking as if they wanted better audio out of me.

"Our stay here in Busan is quite short, but nonetheless, we've experienced much of a normal life as we couldn't achieve in our whole existence. We proudly say that our stay is something unforgettable as all the students made it special for us. However, to return to Seoul would mean to return empty handed. I thought it was too good to be true, to have things go smooth sailing, but it was not at all simple. Because of that, I will put things in their rightful place today."

I straightened my back, and with one hand signal, allow myself and my other members to honourably bow towards the students who likewise did the same with the class president's commanding words. I tilt my head up a bit to make eye contact with Chul Jaejoo -- the so-called future famous photographer of Busan.

He keenly stares right back at me, almost as if nodding with what I was thinking inside of my head. I return to my normal posture, leaving the minute we said our farewells.

...

Meanwhile. Eun Hee's Bedroom. Eun Hee's POV.

I could clearly hear Byul's cries from the other end of the door as I slammed my arm onto it, hoping that soon, a slam would be nearly enough to break the door. As soon as my arm turned sore, I cease to hopelessly hurt myself in the process. I sigh, knees feeling weak as I think of what might have happened with Chanyeol and the rest of the members as of now.

It's already two in the afternoon and I only have but an hour left for Eomma to return home. The wind blows steadily inside the room, making me dart my attention back to the window pane. I clear my throat as I nimbly walk towards my window. I glance down staring at the ground which was four meters down from where my bedroom was.

I shut my eyes close for a moment and thought, there's not much time left.. If I wait for Eomma to arrive, then I might just be too late to stop Chanyeol and the others from going back to Seoul. From this height, I will surely survive but that would mean risking a few broken bones. I sigh, sliding myself out from the window little by little. T-This is for Chanyeol and the others..! W-Well, here goes n-nothing..!