Chapter 62 : Dark Past

Evening. Night Market. Eun Hee's POV.

"W-What's going on, Eun Hee? Why were you about to slap Rae!?" ask Ami, panicking as she acts as her human shield. My mouth gapped open, trying to find the words to explain without letting Chanyeol hear of it. "A-Ah, I-I just.." "No.. It's fine, it's not Eun Hee's fault. It was mine." said Rae, speaking up to herself. I land my gaze back at her, the face that showed a malicious smirk was replaced with despair.

"Huh..? What did you do, Rae?" said Jin-ah, her hand on Rae's shoulder. She narrows her eyes down the floor, clenching onto her mini skirt. "You see.. Rae isn't my real name, it's just a nickname that came from my original name. My name is actually, Song EunRa."

My heart raced as soon as I heard her solemn confession. Jin-ah and Ami seem to react the same way I did. The both gaze at me, shocked and unmoved from their position. "E-EunRa.. The EunRa that--" "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hide it from any of you, it's just.." EunRa now starts shivering from head to toe, her face distorting into a frown.

"..I just thought that I'd forget all about the horrible past and just move on, be a new person, and make friends of my own. When I heard that Eun Hee and the rest of my elementary classmates were here, I thought that maybe I should move in and try to start a new with them. But I guess it's impossible now, huh.. I'm so hopeless.."

I observe her sincere movements, hands gently catching the falling tears off of her cheeks as she sniffles softly out her mouth. It was a painful process to go into, especially when I assumed that she was still the evil person I knew. Even so, she was always known as a cunning person even before, what makes me so sure that she's telling the truth now..

I look up back to Ami and Jin-ah who from being shocked, looked like they were going to break down and cry alongside EunRa. In an unexpected turn of events, they both embrace EunRa, weeping silently for EunRa. "..You have been through a lot, EunRa. We understand, not all people remain the same after growing up." "Yeah.. From now on, we'll keep you company for the rest of the school year. So please don't worry, okay?"

"Err.." voiced out Chanyeol. I spun back almost immediately to find Chanyeol with one hand held onto his nape. "..I don't really understand what's happening or what happened in the past but, I guess that having to look back and bring the past up doesn't matter now that we're in the present state." He huffs a hopeless sigh, smiling at EunRa. "I guess I really help but butt in since I was in the same state as you before till Eun Hee arrived and changed me for the better. Anyway, since we're here in Busan for the whole week, we might as well accompany you and have fun memories, huh."

"W-What? Why?" I said through impulse. Everyone stared at me at that moment, their look piercing through me as though I was the bad guy. "What? What do you mean 'why'. Aren't you the least bit worried about her at all, Eun Hee?" ask Chanyeol, his eyebrows clustered together. "I-I mean, I am but.." "Eun Hee~ I thought you were going to be the first one to protect her at all times, why now are you looking so doubtful? Is there still something bothering you?" ask Xiumin, frowning. "..Wait, could it be that you're still not over what happened in the past, Eun Hee?" ask Jin-ah, her voice empowering. I shut my eyes close for a moment, giving up all of what's left of what I believe in. "..No, never mind. I'm sorry, I just.. I just really can't believe that it was you all along, EunRa. Just seeing you here was really of a surprise, especially when you look so different."

EunRa puts up an innocent smile, "Y-Yeah.. During my stay in another country, I got into an accident that led me to change my appearance drastically. So yeah.." Jin-ah squishes EunRa's cheeks, pinching it to smile. "Come on, let's not talk about the past anymore, okay? Let's just enjoy this week all together. Now, hurry! I heard there was a delicious food stall at the end of the market." "Wow, really? Let's go, let's go." said Chanyeol energetically.