Chapter 48 : Revealed Truth of Baekhyun

Baekhyun's House. Library. Evening. Eun Hee's POV.

"B-Baek..hyun." I choke the words out my mouth, giving it all my might to ease his grip on my neck, but he was just too strong to get a hold of. The more I unconsciously look into his eyes, the more air I lose out of panic and fear. I was literally at my wits end right now, having little flashbacks of the innocent Baekhyun that served me diligently and treated me well above all the rest, it was horrifying to think that it's the same person I'm facing now.

My eyes slowly shut out of futile resistance when all of a sudden, a drop of water lands on my cheeks. I figured that it was only sweat forming down Baekhyun's forehead but little did I know, that it was his honest tears instead. I was in total shock seeing his reaction, looking as if he was regretting everything up till now. This sad expression he paints on his face was like a little child, unable to do anything as he is limited with actions.

I managed to wipe his tears, displaying a frail look as he whispered something that poured almost all his emotions out his system. Out of nowhere, in just a blink of an eye, I find Baekhyun lying by the side, almost as if someone had blew him out of consciousness. Before laying back on the shattered glass, arms caught me right on time. I groggily open my eyes to find Kai, carrying me into his arms as he yelled to order his members.

I turn back to Baekhyun being trashed about by Sehun and Suho, roughly kicking him hard that blood overflowed out his mouth. I reach out my arm as if to yell them to stop, but Luhan blocked the way, injecting me with a syringe. Alas, blacking me out in an instance.

...

Meanwhile. Kai's POV.

"Is she going to be alright, Jongin~?" said Sehun, worry obviously written on his face as he holds back Baekhyun from escaping his side. I examine her face clearly, her normal colour soon coming about in less than a minute or so. Soon, her breathing becomes of a soundless sleeping baby. The face that shook of fright and difficulty soon put at rest with ease. I wipe beads of sweat forming around her right temple, relieved of the outcome.

"Yeah.. She's going to be okay." I spun in place to find Ji-Ra, laying her eyes down gently at Eun Hee, painting a gloomy look as if it was her fault to begin with what just happened. "It's over, so don't look guilty about anything. You may go now, thanks for everything." As I walk pass her, she takes a firm grip on my arm, narrowing her eyes down. "D-Don't you think you should explain things to her? She is going to be asking lots of questions about.. uhm, you know."

"Then let her ask questions she'd like to know the answer to. We just can't feed her answers to which she has no concern of, especially when it can lead her to mentally break down. After all, there's always a limit to which a person can handle, not even smiling would help ease a troubled heart.." I spoke frankly.

She spoke no more as I left the room, gliding pass the bewildered maids who murmured with their low voice. I adjust my arms as I proceed to carry her out the house, making my way inside my private car and soon, drive out far away as possible.

...

The next day. Morning. Eun Hee's POV.

I lift my numb arm, covering both my eyes with my left palm as it gets hit with the rays of the morning sun. I groan in between, rolling to the left when a disrupt of warm breath hits lightly on my cheeks. Groggily, I rub both my weary eyes, making use of them to work only to find the most unlikely person to find first thing in the morning. "K-Kai!—"

His hand makes a loud smack on my lips, silencing me not with his mouth but with threatening red eyes. I felt my eye twitch, remaining in a frozen state before he pulled his touch away from me. "Before you make any unnecessary fuss so early in the morning, recall all the events first before you go on a total rampage."