Chapter 6 : Cutting Class

The sound of the alarm clock woke me up at exactly seven in the morning. I should be hastily getting ready for school, but a huge force was reprimanding me to get up from bed.

I dug my face on the pillow as I re-think about my conversation with Jihoon last night on sms.

"Jihoon. It's been two weeks since I've started my new life here. I thought everything would be just like I wanted it to be. But I guess I got too confident about it. I'm starting to think that going here in Seoul was big mistake that I shouldn't have gone here in the first place. What do you think?" 

He replied a minute after, "Don't give up. It was your dream to study in Yonsei University, remember? All those years of studying non-stop during winter and summer breaks finally paid off. And you should have known that Seoul is a harsh place to adapt to."

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry. I guess I'm feeling kind of gloomy and home sick already. Please don't mind what I just ranted about a while ago. I feel so much better after talking to you again." 

Jihoon and I stayed up past two to catch up with things. About how umma got a new hairstyle just last week to how Ami found her soulmate in our favorite ice cream shop. During those times, he managed to cheer me up and made me forget the whole problem I had that night.

...

I sat up feeling the rush of blood go towards my head. I ignored it as I started to prepare for school. It was around eight when I was ready to go, but as I head to the front door. I met Myungsoo who was busily eating his corn flakes.

"Oh. You're still here?" He ask, dowsing his breakfast with his usual americano drink.

I tidy my hair and nod, "I-I overslept doing an English assignment."

"Are you sure about that? Because I overheard weeping noises from inside your room last night."

I flinch by the door, "O-Oh! That! I was watching Romeo and Juliet for our lecture today! It kind of made me cry so that would explain the noises you heard." 

"Really? For a second I thought you had a problem. Anyway, if you do have, don't hesitate to knock on my door. I'm also here to help." He beams.

I took note of what he said as I start my way to school. I didn't rush going there, but instead took my sweet time walking. As much as I wanted to delay my walking, I was already facing the school. 

I make a small peak at the Platinum's building, wondering if I should go visit or silently proceed inside my class. I sigh as I decided to head straight to class. As I walk I let my thoughts get the better of me when I thought I have finally arrived in front of my class' door. I find myself in front of the Platinum's door instead.

I shake my head, hitting it thrice with my palm. How in the world did I end up here? Aigo.. I must have gotten used to coming here that even my subconscious can lead my now. 

The door slowly creaks upon, showing a hand that was about to make it's way out of the room. My eyes widen as I scatter away from the spot. I ran at the opposite side of the bridge, cut a corner at my right and hit a very solid object, enough to make me drop down on the floor.

"M-My glasses!" I said, squinting my eyes as I relocate my glasses.

"Oh crap. I'm sorry! I didn't see you there!" A familiar voice sounded in front. 

I squint my eyes to have a better look to find Chanyeol with his usual rude stare. "I-It's you! That Lotte guy!" I point.

He flicks my forehead, "Yah! That's a bit rude! I have a name you know! It's Chanyeol! Chan-yeol."