Chapter 2 : Platinum Group

After our long tour around Seoul, we headed home to have dinner. 

"How was it, dear? Did you enjoy walking around Seoul?" says Aunt as she places the bulgogi on the dining table. 

I freely took my seat on the table and smile, "Yeah. Umma wasn't kidding when she said it was going to be really big. But I guess today is pretty fun." I laugh at the end.

Myungsoo takes the vacant chair beside me, huffing out a sigh as he does. "You can say that again. She got lost when I was showing her around."

"Omo? Really? How and where did you two meet?" 

"I found her standing in front of the chicken restaurant. It was a good thing she..." Myungsoo continues to explain. I stare blankly at the dinner plate laid out infront of me, thinking of Kai who helped me stand up this afternoon. 

He looked at me as if he didn't remember me, nor did we say anything past related. Could it be he really doesn't remember me? Or is he really doing this on purpose? No. Kai wouldn't do that of all people. We're practically siblings.. there's no way he'd treat me like that. 

"..Eun Hee.. Eun Hee?" says Uncle repeatedly.

I snap out from my daze and focus my attention to everyone, "Y-Yes? What is it?" 

"Are you okay? You seem to be in a deep thought." Uncle frowns. 

I bit my lips, "Say, do you guys still remember Kai..?" 

There was a moment of pause when I said Kai. Did I say something unusual? Did they not want to talk about him or something? Well it's only natural since he was never really my brother nor was he worth mentioning right now for what his Father did to my Mother.

"Kai? Your step-brother?" repeats Myungsoo, who was already eating. 

I nod once. 

"Now that you brought the topic up. I do remember that kid. He sure was attached to you before." laughs Umma. Clearing out the awkward atmosphere, which I was quite thankful for.

"Do you know where he is right now?" I ask trying not to sound so desperate.

"Yeah. He's studying in Yonsei University now. That's what I heard because ever since he became a big time model, he's been appearing in Television quite often. They'd ask him questions here and there about life. And let me tell you, he's grown into a really charming man." nods Aunt with a smile.

Yonsei University.. So he really did keep the promise we made. But if he did, how come he acted as if he didn't knew me back then in the streets? And since when did he become a famous model? He never wrote to me about that, nor did he write to me anything anymore...

...

"Why are you such in a hurry to go home?" asks Ami, eating her popsicle slowly.

"Why? Because every Tuesday is when Kai sends me a letter! I have to get it before umma comes home from work!" I said picking up the pace of my walking. 

I arrive in front of my house and excitedly open the mailbox. But to my surprise, there was none that came at all. 

Jin-ah appears behind me with an impatient look, "Well? Is it there?" 

I slowly close the mailbox, "It's not here.. That's strange.. The mailman always delivers around this time. I wonder why it's not here.." 

"Maybe Kai didn't send you anything this week?" blunts Jihoon.

"M-Maybe he did. He is aiming for Yonsei University after all. Maybe I should just wait next week for the letter." After those words, I said farewell to my three friends and enter the house.