Chapter 89 : Memory of 2000 | Part 1

September 13, 2000. Friday. Camellia Resort.

"♫ I know how you look like, I know your voice, I know your scent~ ♪" I continue to hum the song in my head, jotting down everything I see fits. "Oh my, are you writing a love song there, EunHa?" I look up to find Jyeri, the successor of Camellia Resort. I wrinkle my nose, re-erasing the lyrics I just added. "Hmm, now that you mention it, it really seems like one." Jyeri raise a brow, "Seems like one? Rather, it is one! So who's this lucky guy, huh?!"

She playfully glomps me from behind, her way of voicing out the things I'm keeping quiet about. I pinch her nearest cheek, "There is no lucky guy, for your information." I stash my writing pad underneath my pillow, scraping her arms off around me. "Right now, my career as a lyricist and a part-time waitress in your Grandma's resort is the most important thing in my life now. There's no space for other emotions!"

Jyeri shakes her head once, "Aigo. Keep talking like that and you'll end up growing old, EunHa." I snob her words, getting ready for work to start. Although I have unconsciously written a love song, to me, the lyrics almost means nothing. I have grown apart from that emotion after experiencing a cruel unrequited love by someone who never looked at my way.

Because I've focused all my time in finishing my studies, I never really had the time to mingle with others. And if I had the chance, the memory of Jonghyun will always and continue to haunt me. To relieve myself from a depressing state, my mind would often think of the happiness that both Chulwoo and Yebin have and think that's enough for me to be happy about.

"EunHa! EunHa!" I glance back to find one Camellia Resort's famous waitress short out of breath. I went about an inch near her, "What's happened, Sae-yon?" She stands upright, staring at me with her big round eyes. "Some handsome stranger is asking for you in the LOUNGE right now!"

I felt my eyebrows furrow, "Are you sure? He might have made a mistake." Sae-yon cups both my cheeks. "He personally asked for Jong EunHa!" I stumble outside the room, looking back to find Jyeri wishing me luck as she squeezes Sae-yon the details of this mystery man.

I clear my nervousness down as I was nearing in the LOUNGE. A lot of worrisome things ran in my mind, things like should I fix my uniform well or should I just let it be, or things like who can this mysterious man be to find someone who works for thirty thousand won a week in this resort. Soon, I reach the inside of the LOUNGE, cautiously passing by customers who came to relax.

Soon, a voice calls out for me. "EunHa." I felt a tickle in my heart, looking back to find the person who ruined the definition of Love. "Jong..hyun." Like lightning, the feelings that I've restrained deep within my heart rose up once more. Jonghyun stands from his seat, surprising me with an embrace. My hands wanted to wrap itself around him, but I reprimand myself to get ahead of myself.

He breaks off the hug, smiling so softly at me. "How have you been, EunHa?" "I'm fine, you?" "I've been better, tons of work to do now since I've expanded my Family's hospital business and so forth." "I see, that's good to hear then."

A long second occupies between our conversation, my eyes glued down only to his chest, afraid that if I look at him any longer I might just give away what I've been hiding within myself. He disperse from his spot, placing himself back on his seat. "Go on and take a seat, there are many things that I want to talk about."

Silently, I take the vacant seat in front of him. "Seems you've changed your phone number." He starts, pouring me a cup of tea. "Ah, yeah. I thought it would be better to change it when I started in a University." "That's a shame. I was actually trying to contact you during those times, for a second I thought you blocked my number." He plasters a relieved expression, almost painful to see with my own eyes.