Chapter 53 : Camellia Resort

The next morning. Day 3 of Winter break. Eun Hee's POV.

I place the last of my bags at the trunk of my Uncle's pickup truck, seemingly too full with all of the luggage's of us all. "I guess that's about it! Are you guys ready to leave?" said Uncle, leaning by the side of his truck after his piece of smoke has run out. I look back to see the others ready except for Eomma, carrying her favorite and huge yellow bag.

I raise a brow, "Eomma? Why are you bringing your yellow bag? The bag that you always bring when you're going out to swim? You do know that it's even more freezing cold there than here, right?" She takes place at the seat beside the driver, placing her bag comfortably at the bottom. "Omo! Haven't you heard? There's a new system in the Camellia Resort! During winter, they provide an outdoor hot spring! Isn't that great?!"

"Oh yeah! Now that you mentioned it! It was said that Camellia will be having a grand opening about that this week! Omo, I could already imagine heaps of people calling for a reservation there." said Jin-ah with a pout. "And that's why I reserved two months ahead! I even got us the best room there, with a view and all! Plus it's even a promo, how lucky are we!" said Eomma, glistening her eyes toward the winter sky, almost making real her imagination.

"Well. Enough of the chatter, shall we hit the road? It's going to be a long ride after all." said Uncle, giving his truck a good pat. And so, as what he said, all of us gathered to get inside the truck with no hesitation. I sat in the very middle between Jin-ah and Ami, while Jihoon preferred to sit at the back of us with his headphones on.

The whole trip consisted of Eomma telling stories of her younger days when she once served in the Camellia Resort. It makes me want to believe that no matter how advance you make reservations there, I think it's only because Eomma has been known for being one of the most respected women there at that time. I'm pretty even she knows one or two contacts of the people who own that place.

It's not actually our first time to go there actually. We've always visited there at least once a year as a family bonding. Sometimes with Jin-ah, Ami and Jihoon. But most of the times, it's just the two of us with Uncle who drives us there to take a vacation himself.

The car trip, to say the least, was long and noisy. Not that I'm complaining, with this type of cold environment, it's nice to be surrounded by people who are warm and fuzzy, inside and out.

...

Early Afternoon. Camellia Resort. Main Entrance.

Soon, we arrive in the front entrance of the resort. It was strange though.. "Whoa! Look you guys! There are maids and everything lined up, it's like they're greeting the president of South Korea or something!" said Ami, squishing her face onto the glass window with clear excitement. "And look! There's even a pretty woman in Han-bok! How traditional! This Hot spring event must be a special occasion." "Eomma, I think--"

In an instance, Eomma gets off the car, rushing to embrace the beautiful lady in front. My eyes pop open, "Eomma! She--" "She just hugged the eldest daughter of the Kim family -- the owner of Camellia Resort." abrupt Uncle, getting off the truck to unload the stuff at back. "Somehow, I feel that this year's visit is going to be real different from the rest." I mutter as I exit.

Upon taking my stuff at the back of the trunk, Ami nudged me slightly by the hip. "Hey, do you think that beautiful lady has a brother or something." "Are you serious, Ami? Even if she did have brothers, don't you think they'd have rich fiancées already? Besides, I have a habit of eating a lot during winter." said Jin-ah, woeful in her state.

I watch from a meter away from Eomma, talking to the beautiful lady with a wide smile on her face. The woman reciprocated Eomma with the same expression, alongside her gentle movement, she was just like a red rose blooming in Winter. At a small moment, our eyes met with one another, exchanging a small smile and bow.