EXPLANATION

It's no surprise that majority of you guys reading this story is left utterly speechless, rather, confused about the situations happening. Well, to relieve you guys out of that state, I've come up with a simple solution as to explain in general as to what the story has been evolving into in the past chapters that I've wrote. Okay, let's get started~

Kai and Eun Hee

So the most common fact between them is that they are step-siblings into which they were separated away by the choices of both the Mother (Ms. Jong AKA Eun Hee's Mom) and the Father (Mr. Kim AKA Kai's Father)

YES. Eun Hee's Mom and Kai's Dad had an affair. That means that they're not OFFICIALLY siblings by name or by blood. It just so happens that both parents introduced their kids together when they were so young ,making them think that they're in a sibling relationship, which they're not. I hope that clears up many speculations involving me writing an incestuous book between siblings. ^^;

So another question I've seen in the comment section is, "Why is Kai so cold towards Eun Hee? What's his true reason? What else is he hiding?" At first, I didn't know that I would be shoving so many secrets and problems in the story, and I would like to firstly apologize for so many unanswered questions.

The reason why Kai is cold towards Eun Hee is simple: He wants her to go back to Busan, far and safe away from meeting the dean. YES, the dean (AKA Jonghyun Shin from the Flashback to 1994 series) is indeed the FATHER of Eun Hee. I already mentioned it in 'Chapter 62: Dark Past' and in the latest chapter of DU which is 'Chapter 75: Dean's Office' To be honest, I still don't know why you guys are shocked that it's Eun Hee's Dad when I said it in the previous chapter.

Yeah, anyway, so back to my explanation. Kai, being the protective and supposed 'big brother' of Eun Hee, he knew that the dean is plotting something that may cause a problem towards Eun Hee. And for what reason is the dean plotting against his only daughter Eun Hee? The answer lies in the chapters of 'Flashback to 1994' when Jonghyun (which is the Dean) got his heartbroken by the only girl he sees in his eyes which is KAI'S MOTHER (AKA So Yebin)

So if you're a Harry Potter fan, the relationship between Jonghyun, Yebin, and Chulwoo would most likely be the relationship of Professor Snape being Jonghyun. Yebin being Mrs. Potter. And Chulwoo being Mr. Potter. And you do know why Professor Snape acts so badly towards Harry, right? It's because he once loved Harry's Mother but you'll be asking yourself right now,

"But this is different. Eun Hee is the daughter of the dean! Why does he have to make her suffer!" There are such people who do not care that much for their daughter, like me, the author, my Father left us because my Mother failed to produce boys that would inherit the family company. Moving on, the dean's HATRED is larger than his love for his only daughter.

The only way he knows how to extinguish his negative feeling is to plan on a revenge. And who better to target than Kai who is the offspring of Yebin and Chulwoo, right? Kai, who shrugs off everything, is only vulnerable when talking about Eun Hee because, yeah, KAI LIKED EUN HEE EVER SINCE THEY FIRST MET AT AN EARLY AGE 6 YEARS OLD. (The last time they saw each other was a few week after EunRa's drowning incident.) The dean found out about Kai's weakness. And since KAI and EUN HEE promised to meet in Yonsei University to reunite again, it meant trouble for Eun Hee. Okay, so it's my fault for not including an important scene and I do hope to place it in one of these chapters once the time is right but for information sake, here goes..

Kai around 14 years old already knew what Jonghyun (again, AKA the Dean) has been up to in regards to Kai's family. Kai realized how fake the Dean's face was and how he's hiding something underneath himself. SOMEHOW, Kai read his Mother's journal (Yebin's diary) while taking care of her one day inside her room who was fast asleep. He read it out of curiosity finding out many things like Eun Hee is the daughter of the dean, the relationship between Yebin and Jonghyun are best friends during High school. (In which, Jonghyun was assigned to take care of Yebin 'cause she is one of the patience of the Hospital his family owns.)