Chapter 12: Cheese Flavoured Yoghurt

After wiping the chalkboard, Yue Zhishi was covered by chalk dust. He put down the duster and went to wash his hands at the bathroom. After cleaning his hands, he just so happened to bump into Song Yu, who was walking his way from the third floor's open corridor. His white shirt was glaringly obvious against a sea of blue.

Song Yu was holding some mock exam questions and wasn't surprised to see him. He lifted his other hand and passed across a carton of cheese flavoured yoghurt.

Yue Zhishi accepted it with both of his hands, eyes slightly widening. "Is this for me?"

"Qin Yan wanted you to have it." Song Yu quickened his footsteps away after he finished speaking.

Yue Zhishi suddenly remembered that Song Yu had been showering and hadn't been around when he told Uncle and Aunt Rong of his new work at the broadcasting station. He chased after Song Yu and asked, "Then did you know that Qin Yan gege asked me to help?"

He said the words 'Qin Yan gege' so sweetly and so obediently.

Song Yu halted, and Yue Zhishi rammed straight into his back.

So did he know or didn't he? He couldn't tell.

"And?" Song Yu didn't even look around. His speech came quickly, and it didn't seem like he was in a good mood.

"Ah? That's... that's it." Yue Zhishi started chasing after Song Yu again. "Can I go home together with you tonight?"

Song Yu didn't answer immediately. He didn't answer until just before he entered the classroom.

"Go home by yourself."

Yue Zhishi pressed his lips together in disappointment, following him inside.

Everyone worked separately on their own tasks during the second half of the night self-study session. Song Yu sat at the podium and focused on his mock exam questions.

At first, only one or two people dared to ask questions, but everyone soon realised Song Yu really was amazing — he only needed to look at a question once before giving out a concise and comprehensive explanation. It was very easy to follow his train of logic. More and more people started to head up to him, and of course, this included girls who were looking after their own selfish interests.

"How come you're not going up?" Jiang Yufan lightly tapped Yue Zhishi. "We're going to need to line up to take numbers soon."

Yue Zhishi didn't bother to look up, seriously working on his physics homework. "I can ask him anytime, no need to take the time away from everyone else."

"True." Jiang Yufan pondered over his words. It felt a bit purposefully benevolent, like an official wife generously giving the concubines time to spend with their husband.

Yue Zhishi really did behave accordingly. He didn't go up to the podium even once during the entire rest of the session, and after he finished physics, he started working on his English assignment where he needed to fill in empty blanks in passages. He concentrated very earnestly, his face very low to his papers. His nose almost touched the desk.

Song Yu passed back an assignment booklet after he finished explaining a question. When a different student came up to him, he glanced around the room before returning back to the student in front of him. His eyes caught onto the student's glasses, and the student looked quite shy.

"Your lenses are so thick," Song Yu carelessly said, lowering his head to look at the new question. "How many degrees?"

The student who suddenly received this 'care' was a bit frightened by this attention, and cautiously pushed his glasses up his nose. "Well... six hundred."